We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Bloomsbury

Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
Heathrow to Bloomsbury

hi..

I am looking for a transportation from heathrow to bloomsburry.

I'll be staying at the Bloomsburry hotel ,16-22 Great Russell Street.

I'll be travelling with 1 friend ( a woman) , possibility we'll be having 2-3 luggage. we'll be arriving in sept 6th'12 at 12pm

thanks

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
27 reviews
51 helpful votes
1. Re: Heathrow to Bloomsbury

We stay in Bloomsbury near Russell Square.

Have taken the tube quite a few times but our hands down preferred way to get from the airport is to hire a car service (not a taxi).

We've used Simply Airports with very happy results.

http://www.simplyairports.co.uk/

2. Re: Heathrow to Bloomsbury

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 August 2012, 22:05
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
34,682 posts
7 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: Heathrow to Bloomsbury

Do not use a London taxi for that journey; you'll be looking at £70-75 from Heathrow. A pre-booked car service will cost in the region of £40-45.

A list of generally well reviewed car services is given in the thread below.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k48869…

4. Re: Heathrow to Bloomsbury

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,877 posts
12 reviews
91 helpful votes
5. Re: Heathrow to Bloomsbury

'I can get you a real london taxi ....' More than a whiff of Billingsgate here, as each post discusses much the same thing, the 'getting' of a London cab and driver.

Shelly, you may take the Piccadilly line of the Underground to King's Cross station, a step free journey from start to finish, then a taxi from KX to Great Russell Street. Maximum fare from the airport to KX is £5.30 but would be £2.90 if you use PAYG on Oyster. Taxi fare from King's Cross to the hotel shouldn't be more than £7 - 10.

6. Re: Heathrow to Bloomsbury

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
34,682 posts
7 reviews
16 helpful votes
7. Re: Heathrow to Bloomsbury

>>Remember I can get you a real london taxi which is wheelchair accessable for a flat fee of £50.Heathrow to Bloomsbury.<<

>>There is no 'whiff of Billingsgate',my family are london taxi drivers <<

Not only a whiff of Billingsgate, but an added flavor of solicitation and self promotion thrown in methinks.

Edited: 14 August 2012, 21:59
Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,640 posts
54 reviews
74 helpful votes
8. Re: Heathrow to Bloomsbury

Posts 2, 4 & 6 reported as spam. Please do the same.

I should also add that no taxi driver will offer a fixed price from the airport. to anywhere in Greater London.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,390 posts
148 reviews
90 helpful votes
9. Re: Heathrow to Bloomsbury

This is just in case you were thinking of getting a pre booked car from Bloomsbury on your return or onward journey.

Do not choose Bloomsbury Cars.

Unfortunately I did last month.

The car was booked one week in advance.

It didn't arrive at the agreed time and it took me 3 phone calls to get a car to then turn up an hour late.

It was fortunate that I wasn't heading for an airport but it was a long distance journey.

I have used prepaid cars before in London but I will never use this firm again.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
32,876 posts
10. Re: Heathrow to Bloomsbury

Don't know them, but many thanks for the heads up bev.

Have used this one.

www.expressways.co.uk/