We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shops at Heathrow T5 - waterproof jacket?

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Shops at Heathrow T5 - waterproof jacket?

Have you been to Heathrow T5 lately, and are there any shops where I may buy a ladies very lightweight waterproof jacket?

Thank you for your help.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shops at Heathrow T5 - waterproof jacket?

Why not buy one at any good camping/outdoor store before going to the airport?

For shops at T5 see heathrowairport.com/shop,-eat,-relax-and-enj… browse the list and use the 'Reserve and collect' service offered by some stores

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shops at Heathrow T5 - waterproof jacket?

Because we go in 2 days and I didn't make time to go shopping!

I know the airport is not necessarily the best place to buy things - usually very expensive - oh well can live without it and get wet.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,789 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shops at Heathrow T5 - waterproof jacket?

There's a Timberland. Not know for low-cost.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,696 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shops at Heathrow T5 - waterproof jacket?

Find a Millets or Blacks outdoor clothes shop (or other not too expensive shops of that type) and buy a Trespass or Regatta ´cag in a bag´i.e. a thin waterproof jacket that rolls up to fit in its own small carry bag. Ideal for keeping in your day time bag

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shops at Heathrow T5 - waterproof jacket?

Timberland are worth a quick look in, they sometimes have last season's jackets on clearance although there won't be many sizes left at this time of year. Worth checking though. I can't recall any other outdoor shops in T5. Depending on where you live I'd try and get to a Blacks, or order something online at somewhere like mountain warehouse and pay another few quid for guaranteed next day delivery. Order tonight and you could still get it tomorrow. Many Amazon sellers will offer a similar courier service guaranteed for tomorrow. I've ordered from them at 8pm and recieved my goods at 9 the following morning.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shops at Heathrow T5 - waterproof jacket?

You have some good suggestions here.

Currently it isn't raining over here. Just hot and humid!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shops at Heathrow T5 - waterproof jacket?

Bev, OP is in London.

heathrowairport.com/shop,-eat,-relax-and-enj…

Burberry is only place I can see that might sell what you want but probably for a pound of flesh!

If you want emergency rainwear, might I suggest looking in Boots for packaway rainmacs or capes, I have seen them. The Rolling Luggage shop may have something similar. If you are going somewhere warm that might get damp, I'd take a small brolly instead.

I dislike T5, their shops all seem to be designer brand and horribly expensive. T3, on the other hand, is my kinda mall. ;-)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shops at Heathrow T5 - waterproof jacket?

I think the London 2012 shop in T5 might do that sort of jacket. Worth a look, certainly.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shops at Heathrow T5 - waterproof jacket?

Thank you all very much indeed - the cag in a bag sounds especially good chesterbuff!

10. Re: Shops at Heathrow T5 - waterproof jacket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 05:16