We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camden Market on a Sunday or a Monday?

Level Contributor
128 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Camden Market on a Sunday or a Monday?

I want to spend a day that begins in Camden (and all that that entails) combined with a visit to Primrose Hill (and all that that entails). The Camden Lock website says that most stalls are open throughout the week. I'm not a fan of huge crowds, so my plan was to get an early start and go on a Monday. But I COULD go on a Sunday. I searched "Camden" on TA, but many threads are older. It's my understanding that, in recent years, the market has become more robust during the week. Thoughts?

Edited: 19 August 2012, 21:38
London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camden Market on a Sunday or a Monday?

if you want the whole camden vibe then i would go on a sunday, it gets very busy but has a great atmosphere if you prefer it quieter with less crowds then i would say the monday :)

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camden Market on a Sunday or a Monday?

Ditto comments above.

Camden Market on Sunday is very popular and Primrose Hill

Cages and restaurants will be busy. For a softer easier browse going

On Monday will be easier.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
80 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camden Market on a Sunday or a Monday?

I was reading reviews for this market and people said to avoid taking the tube here, but instead to take the bus. Is there a reason why?

Hampshire
Level Contributor
176 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camden Market on a Sunday or a Monday?

It can get busy.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,896 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camden Market on a Sunday or a Monday?

The threads you searched are older because the Trip Advisor default for searches is "relevance."

If you change it to "date" you will get many more timely threads.

Level Contributor
128 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camden Market on a Sunday or a Monday?

Thanks Laura! Actually, I had searched both ways but did not really get the info I was seeking. Besides... sometimes it's easier to just ask something specific than to wade through tons of more recent, yet not as relevant, threads.

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Camden Market on a Sunday or a Monday?

Would agree defo sunday...vibe is great, I have never had a problem going on the tube, but I like standing squashed like sardines, love my face in smelling armpits.....i like it cos it reminds me why I no longer work in the city ;)

London
Level Contributor
99 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Camden Market on a Sunday or a Monday?

Sunday is the busiest day of the week at the market. If you do go then, start early 10am. Start at Chalk Farm end and walk down. During the week most stalls are open but I would go a little later in the day, say, midday. Walk along the canal towpath to Primrose Hill. It will take you 10 minutes. Also PH can get crowded on a Sunday if the weather is sunny. You will find the cafe's overflowing and the park very busy. Try walking through Regent's Park to finish. You can walk through to Gt Portland St station or near to Baker St depending on which exit you take.

Edited: 21 August 2012, 00:27
Level Contributor
128 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Camden Market on a Sunday or a Monday?

Thank you City Girl! That's a great idea. I was also going to walk over to Abbey Road then take the 139 bus back toward my hotel. What a perfect day!

London
Level Contributor
99 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Camden Market on a Sunday or a Monday?

If you were going to Abbey Road from Primrose Hill you could walk along Prince Albert Road next to the park or follow the road via the canal towpath and arrive at St John's Wood High St. There are boutiques and cafe's there as well. Walk up the street and then follow your map to Abbey Road. Here is one of my favourite websites: http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing

Enjoy your day whatever you do.