We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from heathrow airport to solihull college

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
from heathrow airport to solihull college

Hi guys i m new to london.Please I need to travel from heathrow international airport to solihull college. 1) How do i travel with so many luggages do i use the underground from the heathrow airport and then use the tube to travel to euston station? From euston station i need to stop at birmingham city centre and take a bus to solihull college. Please help me as I am travelling alone and im 16 . Could u please explain step by step process please. thnx aot .

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,624 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from heathrow airport to solihull college

Rather than make your way from LHR to London Euston and then a train to Birmingham, consider taking a National Express coach from Heathrow to Birmingham.

The Underground journey from the airport to Euston will take an hour, and although it can be made step free there is a change of train needed along the way. If you plan to travel with more than one checked bag and one rollaboard bag that journey might not be the best start to your stay in England.

The coach journey takes two and a half hours from LHR to Birmingham coach station; fares start at £13 single. Once in Birmingham city centre you may wish to take a taxi to Birmingham Moor Street station, as trains run from there to Solihull with travel time of just eight minutes.

Please let us know the day of the week and time of day your flight arrives and the airilne with which you'll travel.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: from heathrow airport to solihull college

Why do you need to go to Birmingham? Solihull is served by direct trains from London Marylebone which is no more difficult to get to than Euston from Heathrow

The coach sounds better though - but don't get it to Birmingham city centre - it also serves the airport en route from where there are buses to Solihull

And major tip - don't travel with more luggage than you can manage yourself

Edited: 25 August 2012, 07:35
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from heathrow airport to solihull college

Jessica,

Let's cover all bases.

Firstly, have you booked your flights from Oz to the UK? If not, you may want to consider flying to Birmingham Airport using say Emirates, or even a carrier via a European airport such as Paris (CDG), Amsterdam (AMS) or Frankfurt (FRA). Of those three AMS would be my choice.

If your flights are booked, I'd go with TravelllerPlus's suggestion of the coach direct from Heathow to Birmingham, and transport from there.

You should also post your question on the Birmingham forum as I'm sure they can also help, especially with local travel and even with airport transfers.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g186402-i386-Birmi…

Good luck and have a great time in the UK.

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: from heathrow airport to solihull college

so unm u guys r saying tht from heathrow international airport i can get on a direct national express coach(the Virgin train right?), and then i can reach birmingham new street? or i doubt it goes directly to solihull.Alright if I reach birmingham new street by the vrigin train should i take a bus to solihull college or whats ur opinion.

@dzug1 : I do not knw hw to get to london marylebon

help plz .Thnx

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: from heathrow airport to solihull college

thnx alot ok i got it

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: from heathrow airport to solihull college

one question where do i find the virgin trains in the heathrow international airport???

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: from heathrow airport to solihull college

once i reach birmingham new street should i take a bus to solihull college? i will have 3 luggages willl the bus allow tht much of luggage?

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: from heathrow airport to solihull college

"so unm u guys r saying tht from heathrow international airport i can get on a direct national express coach(the Virgin train right?),"

No, the National Express Coach is not a train, it's a bus.

www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx…

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: from heathrow airport to solihull college

oh sorry *____*

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: from heathrow airport to solihull college

I m confused help me!!!