We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bbc studios tour?

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
bbc studios tour?

looking at doing this tour , what areas did you visit? was it worth it and from oxford circus to white cty /wood lane how long will it take on tube?

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Fun London Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bbc studios tour?

The studios are about 15 minutes on the Central line from Oxford Circus, with White City station just across the road from the Centre.

Visitors are taken through a few sound stages - when I went we saw the Blue Peter set and one of the large sound stages that had seen filming of everything from Monty Python to Doctor Who. We saw some of the newsroom activity and had the chance to do a bit of broadcasting for our own amusement.

It was an interesting tour, a reasonable way to spend a couple of hours.

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bbc studios tour?

did you see anyone famous, do you see many studios?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,987 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bbc studios tour?

Phil,

Your obsession with famous people is a little worrying. They are just like you and me. They go to the loo and they (just like yourself) are entitled to their privacy. When arriving at the BBC (and no you don't actually see many well known faces on the tour) they are working and it would be rude to approach them.

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bbc studios tour?

erm i do not have an obsession, i just fancy doing something different when i go to london. theres no need to patrnonise me, i didnt say either i wanted to approach them, just see !

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,987 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bbc studios tour?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k57046…

Reads like an obsession to me. I'm not sure where in the UK you are from but you are as likely to see famous people in Manchester or Chipping Norton as you are in London.

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bbc studios tour?

oh does it

well im not the only one who sometimes would like to spot some celebs, search the forum search google youll find many people, its just something i asked, wish id never now!!!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bbc studios tour?

I agree totally with Adam simple as that!

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bbc studios tour?

oh god , meant to help people on here, yet other threads on celebs i dont see them being shot down !, just leave this thread now il google my answeres and sh*t myself.

9. Re: bbc studios tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 10:18