We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent help Required

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Urgent help Required

Hi,

I am planning a trip a 9 nt and 10 days trip to Europe . Starting in London for 2 NIghts , then from London to Paris for 3nights, Paris to Zurich for 3 nights, Zurich to Rome for 2 nights. I will be traveeling from London to Paris, Paris to Zurich , Zurich to Rome via Train.

Let me know considering Europe is this trip possible.

Regards

Traveller, India

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent help Required

You will spend more time travelling between places on trains and planes, than seeing anything because the time you get to most places will probably be afternoon, then you would possibly have 1 full day or so before you moved on again.

Suggest you just split your time between London and Paris as there is so much to see.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent help Required

The number of nights you have given add up to 10, not 9. But even so, I think you are trying to do far too much for it to be enjoyable.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent help Required

I would just do 2 Cities.

Either London/Paris or London/Rome.

4 Cities in 9 nights is really unrealistic.

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent help Required

I'd echo the above. Leave out Zurich it really isn't very interesting compared to other places you could go in Europe. If you can do 9 days in London and Paris you'll get a really good feel for both cities with minimal travel between them. 4 cities in 9 days is only going to show you airport departure lounges.

london
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent help Required

if you want to go by train, have you looked at this website

http://www.seat61.com/

but whether by train or plane, I'd very much agree with everyone else ... far too much time spent travelling and hardly any time "being there"

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
86 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent help Required

We are doing 3 cities in 13 days, so I think you can only do 2 in 9 days. You will spend the entire time traveling, especially if you are doing so by train. We are talking hours and hours just to get from one place to the next. I have a rule that I need at least 3 nights in each location I go to, 4 nights is actually perfectly ideal and is what we are doing for our trip. 5 nights per city is best.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 20:58
7. Re: Urgent help Required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 10:18