We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending the night in Heathrow

Somerville...
2 posts
Save Topic
Spending the night in Heathrow

We are flying into Heathrow at 8:40pm on American and have a flight out on Turkish Air at 6:55am.

I'm wondering if it makes sense to go out through customs and then back in again around 5am for the Turkish flight.

Anyone have experience with this type of thing?

I booked a "pod" (Yotel) but I'm not sure if the AA gate or the Turkish Air gates are anywhere near where the pods are. Anybody know?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,358 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,128 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
515 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,460 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending the night in Heathrow

I honestly think you'd be better off with the pod, at that hour.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,460 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending the night in Heathrow

I don't think that you can stay air side overnight (though I may be wrong). Personally I would go for the Yotel. It's located at Terminal 4, so you'll have to make your way there from T5 using either the train (change at Central), or the free buses.

Turkish operates from T3, so to get there in the morning you would take the train from T4 to Central, and then a short walk.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending the night in Heathrow

Website for Heathrow:

http://www.heathrowairport.com/

just make sure you allow yourself enough time in the morning.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,468 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending the night in Heathrow

You won't be allowed to stay airside overnight. You will go through passport control, collect bags and then through to Arrivals.

Before you go to T4 for the Yotel, stop at the M&S Simply Food in the Arrivals hall at T3 for (I suspect) a better selection of snacks and drinks than at the Yotel.

You might be able to catch the 555 from the Central Bus Station to T4, but if the timing doesn't work you'll need to go to Heathrow Central (as USBT mentioned) for the free HEX shuttle to T4. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…heathrow.pdf …tfl.gov.uk/user/AHF/TLJJP12P1__000000cf.pdf

5. Re: Spending the night in Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2013, 10:18