We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kings Cross rental--opinions?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
95 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Kings Cross rental--opinions?

I posted earlier re: planning for summer 2013 trip to London. My last trip to London was around 2004 or 05....and I still thought the Eurostar left from Waterloo station, (hence my rental search in that area). Luckily, one of the prospective owners pointed out that the train now leaves from St. Pancras....so I am looking in that area for a rental. (Traveling with at least 4, possibly 5 people, including my father and his wife, and my daughter). We will most likely fly into Heathrow, (July 20th), and take the Eurostar to Paris on the 27th.

Here's a rental I found on Homeaway.com.....thoughts?

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p856941

Any other recommendations for rentals---or areas to look?

Thanks in advance.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,589 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kings Cross rental--opinions?

Islington and the Angel aren't far, but it's a bit more than a 10 minute walk as it's uphill most of the way. The good news is that there is a large Sainsbury's just off Upper Street and a Waitrose next to it; there are a number of greengrocers and small shops along Caledonian Road.

I rather like the area, and the flat looks to have been nicely refurbished. It's well situated for transport, with plenty of buses to and from KX and a few along the Calli as well: tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…kingscross-2150.pdf tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/cale…

One bath and one WC might be a bit interesting if five or six people stay, but no doubt you'll find a way to make it work. The rate isn't bad, and if you're happy with it I think it's worth booking.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
664 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kings Cross rental--opinions?

There are actually 2 loos, one on each floor.

Looks really nice, provided you don't mind not having anything specific exactly on your doorstep - there may be some short taxi rides in your future when you have baggage. The area is quite attractive for being so close to Kings X.

Your daughter will probably like being in reach of Camden Town and Islington.

I did a lot of walking in areas around Camden Town, Islington and over to Old Street, past Sadlers Wells over to Bloomsbury and the area is good.

3. Re: Kings Cross rental--opinions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:17