We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windsor Castle-Stonehenge-Bath Question

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Windsor Castle-Stonehenge-Bath Question

Please help with regards of the tour GPB71 with lunch is this tour is good deal or are they rushing you to go for the next site, is this possible to see 3 site in one day?

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windsor Castle-Stonehenge-Bath Question

I think this is covered in

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186338-…

I used to live in Bath. The average stay for tourists is around 4 hours, but there is of course much more to the city than you will see in that time. A bus tour will cover the main sites (Pultney bridge, Abbey, Cirus, Crescent) and you can go to see the Roman Baths, Sally Lunns or the Pump rooms. There are several museums and a modern spa too.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windsor Castle-Stonehenge-Bath Question

Yes its very rushed, all these tours are, they have to be, purely because you are cramming so many places in. Expect to spend half your time on the road.

On the other hand, if you have little time to visit, or merely wish to say you have been to these places, its a good way of getting them all ticked off.

Kent
Level Contributor
104 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windsor Castle-Stonehenge-Bath Question

The round trip is 240 miles with more than 5 hours on the road - but I think you could do it! You wont want to spend more than 30 minutes at Stonehenge, so a couple of hours at both Bath & Windsor still only makes a 10 hour day - say 8am-6pm.

If it's your only trip to UK and you want a castle a Roman town and 'Ancient Britain' then why not?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,000 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Windsor Castle-Stonehenge-Bath Question

The most common complaint about these tours is that they are too rushed - a couple of hours for Bath and about an hour (which is all you get btw) is not really enough, but as Joe says if all you are doing is box ticking go for it. It's easy and more rewarding to do Bath or WIndsor on your own anyway.

chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Windsor Castle-Stonehenge-Bath Question

Thank you so much for the info, personaly I don't like rushing when I'm on cavation. Is there a train from London to Bath that we can take, I'm thinking for a half a day trip and how much the train cost round trip.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Windsor Castle-Stonehenge-Bath Question

Complaints about the time spent at attractions are often unfairly aimed at the coach tour operators. It's the customer who should be blaming themselves for deciding to do more than two locations in one day. A number of operators do a Bath and Stonehenge option with more time in Bath so that idea could be considered.

If you are short on time and wish to group three places together then remember, it'll be two hours at Windsor, two in Bath and one hour at Stonehenge, traffic permitting. Don't worry about all the rest of the time being sat on a coach as the guides are often there to entertain between stops and the English countryside is usually pleasant to look at.

chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Windsor Castle-Stonehenge-Bath Question

Thank you, thats what I though that 3 site to see in a day is not enough time. I wonder if there is a tour that only Windsor Castle in the morning and Bath in the afternoon.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,000 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Windsor Castle-Stonehenge-Bath Question

I think as has been mentioned on one of your previous threads, Bath and Windsor in one day is a problem - they are nearly 100 mile apart and each needs at least half a day (Bath needs at least a whole day IMO).

You can get a train very easily from either Paddington or Waterloo to Windsor, walk to the castle and spend a couple of hours there. Check the website for opening times and special activities.

For Bath it is better to book train tickets in advance from the operator - FIrst Great Western for best prices. Once there, there are walking tours, HOHO buses and of course a plethora of places to visit. Do enquire about these on the Bath forum.

chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Windsor Castle-Stonehenge-Bath Question

Thank you so much for the info. I'll do that.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,187 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Windsor Castle-Stonehenge-Bath Question

Windsor is close to London, and can be done in half a day, the train from London is quite quick.

Bath is about 75 minutes by train, and needs a lot longer than Windsor - there is a lot to see and do, so a full day is a better idea. The Roman Baths alone needs at least 90 minutes imo.

A return can be had for about £40pp, but if you hunt around, and get in early on the First Great Western site, this can come down to about £20.

Does anyone know if there is a problem buying advance tickets with a US credit card, which I assume otay has.?