We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus transfer or the train?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brussels
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
bus transfer or the train?

Hello, I am sure this question has been asked and answered, however, looking through 15 pages of replies is a little impossible. So, here is my question. I am a mom traveling with her son, who loves HP, so, we would like to go to the WB tour. I am quite discouraged about how far it is and how difficult the planning seems. So, 2 questions: 1) I read aweful reviews of the recommended Golden Tours for transfers- are there any other tours that do this and are decent? 2) I don't really understand why the studio does not provide specific train times that would allow one to get there on time, so, if someone has done the 10, 11 or 12 tours, can you recommend train tims from Euston. It is quite a bit to coodinate how long the train takes, and the shuttle only coming every 30 min + 15 min transfer time. You could be way too early, or well past your time slot. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Furthermore, if you are late, they don't let you in? What happens? I read reviews that say even with the time slot, there is 30 min wait there sometimes. Will be traveling beginning of November, if that makes a difference. Thanks a million!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,134 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus transfer or the train?

It's not that difficult.

The studio recommends being at Watford Junction for the shuttle bus 45 minutes before your timed entry, so add another 45 minutes from Euston to Watford Junction and you will be OK.

The Studio doesn't provide specific train times because there are so many different journey possibilities. There are a minimum of four fast trains an hour from London Euston to Watford Junction and the journey time is 20 minutes.

More info here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186338-c180685/Lon…

Tip - don't book a 10.00 tour as you won't benefit from cheaper off-peak train fares.

Edited: 07 September 2012, 12:32
Brussels
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus transfer or the train?

Wow, you are a life and money saver!! Thanks a bunch, made my life a whole lot easier as I was stressing about this whole thing. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
664 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bus transfer or the train?

Book your tickets ! They sometimes sell out- the day I went I couldn't get tickets direct but was still able to get Golden Tours which was convenient for transport.

It's really quite easy when you see the key part is the train Eudton to Watfotd Junction.

Don't worry about being EARLY. You can't get into the tour but you can get in the lobby with the toilets, free wifi, a decent cafe and a few little things to look at. You don't have to wait outside in the refreshing November air!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,323 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bus transfer or the train?

Once your children grow up these things become irrelevant.

Relax and enjoy the town.

5. Re: bus transfer or the train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2013, 10:16