We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Art and cratf stores

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
340 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Art and cratf stores

My new home seems to only have one choice for crafting supplies, so I am hoping to do some stocking up while in London. Problem is I don't recall having seen any craft stores and am not having any luck online. Am I calling it the wrong thing maybe? I'm thinking Michaels, Hobby Lobby in the US or Panduro in Sweden. I have seen the name Hobby Craft in the UK but am failing to find a London location. Any suggestions?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,306 Reviews
from US$128.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
479 Reviews
from US$106.40*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,099 Reviews
from US$135.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
468 Reviews
from US$338.00*
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,163 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Art and cratf stores

The nearest branch of Hobbycraft I can think of is down near the Ikea store near Croydon. It's accessible on the tram from Wimbledon to the Waddon Marsh stop.

There are various branches of Cass Arts in Central London (Charing Cross Road and Berwick Street being two I can think of).

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Art and cratf stores

There is a decently sized Cass Arts at the Angel Islington with a craft section in the basement. It is a step off Essex Road on Colebrooke Row.

Level Contributor
4,876 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Art and cratf stores

The Range has lots of craft stuff, and according to their website there is a store in Enfield.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Art and cratf stores

Blade Rubber Stamps near the British Museum is tiny but chock full of craft supplies, including basement level. You can google, but I think it's on Bury St. between Holborn tube & the museum.

Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Art and cratf stores

You could try the London Graphic Centre, they have 4 stores in central London.

Level Contributor
29,484 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Art and cratf stores

Art-wise, if painting and paint effects are part of your 'thing' you could try here, one of the oldest and the best most comprehensive stores in London, located in Great Russel Street.

There is also this massive store in the East End:

and this, in Finchley:

Cornelisson's I knew about, but the others I googled up, also these bits of info:

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Art and cratf stores

Thanks for this post! I'm heading to London in December & love scrapbooking, can you recommend any stores I should try? Thanks everyone :) We'll be staying in Pimlico for a month & will travel while we we're there (Leeds, Chester etc)

Level Contributor
2,088 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Art and cratf stores

As mentioned in the 2nd message: Cass Art stores

9. Re: Art and cratf stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 00:17