We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Ermin's Afternoon tea

Milwaukee...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
St Ermin's Afternoon tea

My friend and I are looking for a place to go for afternoon tea while we are visiting London. I thought that St Ermin's looked good. Has anyone been or have any suggestions? I think we are more interested in tea's with sweets as it will probably be for my brithday.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,929 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Ermin's Afternoon tea

I hadn't heard of St. Ermin's Hotel, but looking at the website, the tea looks pukka even if the setting isn't quite.

The price of £25-£29 is about right for proper teas not in an historic hotel and the honey tea looks delicious.

Bumping this post may get some feedback from people who have been there. I'm going to the TALF tea on the 15th September (if your here then do a search for it and see if Mez could get so Fortnam & Mason's to squeeze you in) I probably won't have a chance to try this one, but if you do try it, please come back and let us know how it was.

For other tried and true afternoon tea places in the same price you could look at the Capital Hotel

capitalhotel.co.uk/restaurantbar_afternoonte…

or the Court Restaurant at the British Museum.

britishmuseum.org/visiting/eating/court_rest…

Both have very pretty settings and although the service at the BM is can be a bit slow, the food, IME, is good..

The Capital Hotel has everything, lovely setting, good service and delicious food

For either of these (and probably for St. Ermin's) you should make reservations as far ahead as possible.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Ermin's Afternoon tea

Hi, I had afternoon tea at St Ermins in July, and although I thought the setting was very nice, the afternoon tea wasn't that exciting. If you can, I would splash out a bit more and go for the Corinthia (had an absolutely fab tea there last year) or the Mandarin Oriental (the best afternoon tea I've had in London, scones to just die for). They are a bit more expensive, but you get endless repeats of sandwiches and scones, whereas at St Ermins, there was an extra charge for extra scones. But I find that after an afternoon tea I don't need dinner, so if you think of it as your evening meal, it's not so expensive. Have a great birthday treat!

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,933 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Ermin's Afternoon tea

In a couple of weeks I'm trying Afternoon Tea at Mari Vanna, which promises to be 'different'. The setting is absolutely gorgeous, if you like kitsch and good service, which I do. (I've lunched there before now).

I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

www.marivanna.co.uk

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Ermin's Afternoon tea

I had a cup of tea (not afternoon tea) on the balcony at St.Ermins last week. Very civilised, lovely setting close to Westminster.

Milwaukee...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: St Ermin's Afternoon tea

I looked up the Mandarin and it looks good but I can't find a place to make reservations on the site. I'm wondering if its not open for some reason.

6. Re: St Ermin's Afternoon tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 10:16