We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AFL Grand final! HELP!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
AFL Grand final! HELP!!!

Does anyone know where I can watch the 2012 AFL grand final in Cardiff live??? The Walkabout there told me they won't be playing a live telecast!!! If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated, and if you happen to be going too, I will buy you a beer!

Mentioned in this post
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
Prime Gelato
£, Italian, Cafe, Deli
Coffee, Cake & Kisses
££ - £££, Cafe, Contemporary, Fusion
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,286 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AFL Grand final! HELP!!!

The Grand Final is on ESPN, pretty much any establishment with a TV should be able to show it. Seems odd that walkabout would not cover the game.

I cant help you about Cardiff but Walkabout in Shepherds Bush is definitely shwoing the game.

Try and find a friendly pub and ask them if they will put it on for you.

Hopefully the Pies will be winning the final.

Mentioned in this post
The Grand at Trafalgar Square
The Grand at Trafalgar...
1,708 Reviews
London, UK
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
Shepherd's Bush Boutique Hotel
Shepherd's Bush Boutique...
178 Reviews
London, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AFL Grand final! HELP!!!

Thanks mate, yea I found it odd they're not showing the game, maybe I'll try emailing them as the guy on the phone didn't seem too sure about it. I'm hoping for a Hawks win, but if we don't make it in I'll definitely be supporting the Pies!!!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
43,111 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AFL Grand final! HELP!!!

Surely the Cardiff forum would be a better place to ask?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186460-i309-Car…

Mentioned in this post
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,527 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AFL Grand final! HELP!!!

They are probably not showing it because they would have to get a special licence to open up in the wee small hours. If there's not enough interest, then they won't open.

I'm presuming its a kick off at 3am UK time or something around then?

5. Re: AFL Grand final! HELP!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 September 2012, 15:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AFL Grand final! HELP!!!

@ adamhornets, I didn't know there was a Cardiff forum. I have posted there also, thanks for that.

Edited: 20 September 2012, 10:35
Mentioned in this post
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AFL Grand final! HELP!!!

@ dicanio 10, I think it's about 4:30am, which as you said might as well be 3am. I think you're right about the license, I know the walkabout pubs in London open for it, which is why I thought the on in Cardiff would be showing it. I guess there's just not enough Aussies in Cardiff at the moment.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AFL Grand final! HELP!!!

@ Chirella, The time does make it difficult, but in previous years I have managed to find places showing it live in Berlin, Rome and many places London. I didn't think it would be difficult to find a place in Cardiff... I guess I was wrong about that!

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
London
London
England, UK
Cardiff
Cardiff
Southern Wales, UK
Leuven, Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: AFL Grand final! HELP!!!

The Shepherds Bush Walkabout will once again be showing the AFL Grand Final LIVE on London's largest HD screen. With 1200 Aussie capacity, 28 HD plasmas and the biggest HD screen in London this is always the only place to be for the Grand Final. There will be hot pies for breakfast and the cold beers flowing from the wee hours. Door open at 4.30am and kick off is at 5.30am.

Tickets are £15 (+ £1.50 booking fee) and this includes admission, 2 drinks, breakfast and your entry into the prize draws that take place all the way through from the moment you buy your ticket to the shrill blast of the final whistle.

Where

Shepherds Bush Walkabout

56 Shepherds Bush Green

London W12 8QE

United Kingdom

Mentioned in this post
Shepherd's Bush Boutique Hotel
Shepherd's Bush Boutique...
178 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
The Grand at Trafalgar Square
The Grand at Trafalgar...
1,708 Reviews
London, UK
10. Re: AFL Grand final! HELP!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 01:18