We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Gatwick to London station

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
London Gatwick to London station

Hi. May I know how I can travel from Gatwick Airport to central London. I need to go to Inland Garden. ?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,200 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Gatwick to London station

Do you mean Island Gardens (in Docklands)?

If so, I would take the First Capital Connect train from Gatwick to London Bridge, and there switch to a service heading out of London to Greenwich. At Greenwich, take the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) two stops to Island Gardens.

On which day/date and time does your flight arrive at Gatwick? It is best to travel off peak (after 9.30am weekdays), not just because it's cheaper but because before then the trains are packed with commuters heading into London.

If you travel off peak, buy a one day travelcard for London for use on the First Capital Connect train. You can get that at Gatwick for £12.50 , and it will give you your train ride into London, as well as all other travel that day. including the journey to Island Gardens and more.

Edited: 19 September 2012, 18:04
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Gatwick to London station

But I thought you were flying into Heathrow....are we talking about two entirely separate trips to the UK?

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London Gatwick to London station

I am flying to London Gatwick Airport.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,422 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Gatwick to London station

Please confirm the exact address you are going to.

You have asked many different questions over the past six weeks and have offered a wide variety of arrival and destination points. People have been very generous with their time in helping you but I am suspicious as to why your plans seem to change every few days.

london
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Gatwick to London station

Indeed.

Best check his postings.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/members-forums/Hushh

Bali, Bandung, Edinburgh, Plymouth?

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: London Gatwick to London station

Please be patient with me. This is my first time traveling to Europe. I went to London 2 weeks ago. Touch down at Heathrow. I continued my journey to Edinburgh and then to Amsterdam. I am going back to London soon by London Gatwick airport. Therefore many questions.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,034 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Gatwick to London station

So you are flying from Amsterdam to Gatwick and you want to go where in London? There is no such place as Inland Gardens, but there is an Island Gardens on the DLR in the Isle of Dogs. Is this where you mean?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Gatwick to London station

If your destination is not near Island Gardens, please give us a specific street or road name.

For the best answer, please supply a street or road name, period. Let us know as well the time of day and day of the week your flight will arrive at Gatwick airport.

Edited: 19 September 2012, 20:33
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: London Gatwick to London station

Island Gardens is a rail station at east of London.

Edited: 19 September 2012, 21:25
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: London Gatwick to London station

The address is - 1 Glenaffric Avenue