We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MLB Playoffs & World Series

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
MLB Playoffs & World Series

I'm going to be in London throughout the MLB Post Season and don't want to miss my hometown team. Are there any stations that carry the game broadcasts in London?

London, United...
Level Contributor
404 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MLB Playoffs & World Series

There will be about as much coverage of baseball in London as there is coverage of cricket in LA. If you are staying somewhere with wifi access suggest you try ESPN3 on your computer or tablet. That'll probably be your only chance. That said, football (i.e. soccer!) will be in full swing - try to catch a game - you'll probably really enjoy it.

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
596 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MLB Playoffs & World Series

I don't think you will find any coverage on television, but you might be able to watch some games at The Sports Cafe.

Edited: 21 September 2012, 03:10
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
119 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MLB Playoffs & World Series

I, too, am desperate to watch my hometown team (who, unlike the LAD, are actually going to be in the playoffs) while we are in London during the first week of October. I was referred to the Sports Cafe as the best chance.

www.thesportscafe.com/london

I think they plan to show at least one playoff game per day. The location appears to be near-ish to Trafalgar Square.

Other than that, I might end up springing for MLB.tv package to watch (or at least re-watch) the games.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,435 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MLB Playoffs & World Series

Some hotels may carry ESPN America which is currently the only outlet for regular season baseball but it's possible if unlikely that Sky Sports might try to make a deal for the play-offs.

The Sports Cafe is indeed the most likely venue for watching in a pub or bar. The problem could be that California is 8 hours behind the UK meaning any evening games will start in the middle of the night here.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MLB Playoffs & World Series

Have a word with the hotel - they may put it on for you - I have seen this with NFL games .

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MLB Playoffs & World Series

You do realise that only American Teams play in the "World" series !

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,371 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MLB Playoffs & World Series

ESPN carry MLB games. Most pubs have ESPN and it is a possibilty that a friendly landlord will put it on for you (as long as there is no football on.

Sports Cafe on Haymarket will certainly be showing the games and there is a good chance that Bodeans will also have the games on but I have noit checked.

I have ESPN at home, I am not sure about how widespread availability is in hotels.

London
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MLB Playoffs & World Series

Bodeans steak house in Soho regularly shows American sports and here's their current schedule, but I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about :-)

bodeansbbq.com/_documents/sports_schedules/s…

EDIT: I've just seen that Chris suggested Bodeans before I did. It's a pretty well-known rendezvous for Americans in London.

Edited: 21 September 2012, 14:39
9. Re: MLB Playoffs & World Series

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 10:16