We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
127 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Walking

Visiting London next weekend for the first time with my wife, we're staying at Premier Inn Tower Bridge. On Saturday we're going to see the Jersey Boys at Prince Edward Theatre. According to Google maps it's three milles, is it feasable to walk? or what would be the best way of getting there.

Thanks in advance.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,530 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking

You could walk if you wished, but there are options from the PI in Tower Bridge Road.

tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/towe… The stops are a bit offset, so for the 42 and 78 from north of the river the nearest stop to your hotel is Druid Street; for buses towards the river the stop at Abbey Street is nearer.

With no Circle line service next weekend, reduced District and Victoria line service, you could if you wished walk to London Bridge station and take the Northern line to Leicester Square then walk to the theatre. tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…

The 15 from Tower Hill towards Regent Street will take you to Trafalgar Square for the walk to the theatre as well, although there are a handful of buses that travel along Charing Cross Road if you don't fancy a stroll.

If you wish to use the Central line to and from Liverpool Street, you may catch the 42 and 78 in Bishopsgate; there are a handful of buses from there to London Bridge station as well. tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…liverpoolstreet-2161.pdf

Mentioned in this post
London Bridge
London Bridge
292 Reviews
London, UK
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking

What about the rv1? It ends up in Covent Gardern I'm not sure if that would save a diversion out to London Bridge for Lecister Square via Nortthern Line but it may be very helpful.

Mentioned in this post
London Bridge
London Bridge
292 Reviews
London, UK
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,128 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking

Oh cr*p! I'm glad I read this TP, you've just saved me a few headaches for next Saturday when I'm staying beside Tower Bridge.....you are a sweetheart! Thank you. :-)

I'm going to use the Thames Clipper.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking

Three miles should take about an hour to walk. Walking will be the most reliable way to get from A to B in London. The deciding factor for me would be the weather.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
29,975 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking

I do love the RV1, but it does go all around the world for sport.

I'd take the 15 as advised by TP and walk up from there.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
127 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking

Thanks for all the information,

7. Re: Walking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 22:17