We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Arsenal Stadium- Hotel accommodation

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New Arsenal Stadium- Hotel accommodation

I just thought I'd mention, that although the Holloway tube station is the closest to the new ground, this will actually be closed on matchdays as it is too small to cope with the large crowds that will descend on The Emirates Stadium. It is the most magnificent site this new stadium. One of the entrances is built on top of the house where my Dad was born. I can confirm that the Angel, Islington, is still the best place to stay for comfortable access to the ground. Don't forget to stroll around Chapel Market, whilst you are there. Great Arsenal souvenir stall up there!

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Arsenal Stadium- Hotel accommodation

Apparently there was some kind of dispute between TFL and the Arsenal Football Club over who was going to fund most of the upgrade of Holloway Station. Highbury and Islington and Arsenal stations are only a short walk away really. For people who need a hotel, whilst seeing a game, I would say that Islington High Street and Pentonville road offer best hotels. The other option for hotels is Finsbury Park Area, which I would certainly not recommend. Bit of money needs to be invested in Holloway Area for overnight accommodation. Up the Gunners!!