We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to decide which Hilton property in London is best.

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Irvine, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to decide which Hilton property in London is best.

I'm going to visit London for two weeks in March 2013 and will be using my Hilton Honors points for a hotel. There are so many Hilton-affiliated properties in the city, it's hard to decide which one is best. Four look pretty good to me: The Trafalgar Hotel, the Hilton Paddington, the Waldorf Hilton, and the London Hilton on Park Lane. I will be using the hotel as my base for visiting London and taking day trips outside the city. Do any of you who live in London or who have visited have any recommendations for me on Hilton? Thanks so much for your help.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to decide which Hilton property in London is best.

The Waldorf Hilton or the London Hilton on Park Lane would be the ones I'd pick because I've stayed at both and like them. WH slightly more central (and very good for the theatre) than HOPL which has better views if you can get a room up in the tower block.

I haven't stayed at the Trafalgar so can't comment. The Paddington is obviously more convenient for travel out of Paddington but a but more inconvenient for visiting most sights.

London
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to decide which Hilton property in London is best.

I would have a read through the reviews here before you make your choice, and see which one suits you. The Park Lane property probably has the best reviews, however it it were my choice, I would go for either the Trafalgar or Waldorf, based on location. The Paddington one is a definite 4th place, cross that one off the list.

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to decide which Hilton property in London is best.

Difficult to say, all are good. Paddington is the one that's furthest out from the centre, but it's right by (almost inside) the station - Paddington trains go to the West Country and also Oxford. If it were me I'd probably go for the Trafalgar Hotel. It's more modern in style than the others but is right in the middle of London. The roof top bar/terrace has some great views although it has been closed on some visits. What about hedging your bets and staying there one week but move onto Paddington and have a week travelling out of London more? Weather can be interesting in March - might be snow and ice, or could be 80 degrees!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to decide which Hilton property in London is best.

I've stayed at Hilton Paddington and The Trafalgar, both very nice, but I'd chose The Trafalgar. I don't think you can get more central than that, and it's also very close to Charing Cross Station. From Charing Cross, you can get the Bakerloo line (tube) to Paddington and Marylebone stations, the Northern line to Euston and St. Pancras stations and also to Waterloo station. At Embankment station, which is also closeby, you can get the Circle line to Liverpool Street station and Victoria Station.

Michigan
Level Contributor
690 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to decide which Hilton property in London is best.

I visit London several times a year and have stayed at several of the Hilton properties. I would suggest either the Waldorf or the Trafalgar for location and similar quality. I usually stay at the Waldorf because it's right between the West End and The City. It's also surrounded by many restaurant/pub/shopping options.

Have a great time.

Essex
Level Contributor
26,721 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to decide which Hilton property in London is best.

If I was going to stay in a Hilton near Paddington, I'd pick that much maligned Behemoth the Hilton London Metropole!

It has a pool, health club and other great facilities and some of the high up rooms, like the Park Lane Hilton have fantastic views. Yes it's a huge bunch of tower blocks and not the most attractive Hotel in London, but IMO the advantages far outweigh this....

However as others have said, Paddington is not so central, and the Park Lane. Waldorf, Trafalgar are all a lot more conveniently positioned.

7. Re: Trying to decide which Hilton property in London is best.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2013, 10:15