We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For our Londoners who don't see this sight too often

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
For our Londoners who don't see this sight too often

www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/wildlife/

A British Columbia Eagle's nest. She is sitting (looking quite bored or tee'd off) and occasionally has a hissy fit (you get sound too). Don't forget they are 8 hours behind you so BC evenings probably won't show her on the CAM. I can't wait for the babies to hatch.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: For our Londoners who don't see this sight too often

Oh this is TOO cool Londonlass! This is additive. I can't wait to see the little hatchlings either!

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For our Londoners who don't see this sight too often

Londonlass: Cool! She's sitting on the eggs now afer a bit of housekeeping.

In past years, a couple of hawks used to hang out in downtown Seattle way up high at the 1201 Third Avenue building to take care of their eggs. Somehow building management hooked up a video camera so people could watch the hawks on tv from inside the building.

Dallas/Fort Worth...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: For our Londoners who don't see this sight too often

Londonlass

This is so great.

Will show the kids tomorrow.

I am a huge eagle fan. Rarely see one around here. Get hawks sometimes.

thanks for sharing!

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For our Londoners who don't see this sight too often

She likes to sit.

Brighton, the...
Level Contributor
453 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: For our Londoners who don't see this sight too often

What a great site Londonlass. She is a very attentive mommy-to-be! Very interesting. Thanks much for sharing.

London
Level Contributor
206 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For our Londoners who don't see this sight too often

Will definitely keep a watch on this one - even though the view across the field out of my window includes bright green parakeets, crows,various raptors and a magpie which is annoying a pigeon in the tree by flying up behind it, pulling at its tailfeathers and dropping to the ground. All this and Heathrow Airport the other side of the building....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For our Londoners who don't see this sight too often

11.25am (Ontario time). Cam isn't streaming too well this morning, last night was fabulous though, we saw the eggs (2) when mum stood up.

We have another nest to watch, beside our back garden, a Canada Goose has been nest sitting for a month and now we have five green looking fluffy Goslings hopping around giving mummy a nervous breakdown. Her nest is at the top of a 15 ft by 20ft pile of wood chippings.......nothing like going big! I've been watching them through the binoculars as they will be coming down soon and walking past our patio doors.

One thing my husband couldn't believe when he first saw Canada Geese in St James Park, he said "oh.......they took a wrong turn.....they're lost!"

Dallas/Fort Worth...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: For our Londoners who don't see this sight too often

Londonlass...

My son and I got to see her last night (our time around 11pm)

She listened very long and hard and then started making a terrible noise and seemed very upset. She did this for minutes. Seems exhausting to me. Then she listened. We noticed before we heard another bird and after her big ordeal there was no other bird noises. Guess she scared off someone. Then she dashed off the nest for maybe a minute tops.

When she came back she was all mom...adjusting the nest and moving the egg slightly with her claw (what you call her hand..can't think) and then settled back on top of the 2 eggs.

Quite a site.

My son had already heard of the site which amazed me.

My dad was ticked with it this morning when I showed him.

could be quite addictive I agree!

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
946 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: For our Londoners who don't see this sight too often

Thank you so much for sharing this website. It was mesmerizing! It's now a shortcut on my computer. Doesn't it seem like the bird knows it is being filmed? Always glancing at the camera. Wonder if the camera makes any noise.

Viewing the nesting situation may become a little unseemly when the parents bring back kill for the young and if the littlest chicks get pecked by the biggest. It can be a cold, cruel world out there!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: For our Londoners who don't see this sight too often

I noticed that Avian, when I first tuned in she was staring straight at the CAM and it was quite disconcerting being stared at through a PC screen.......who is watching who!