We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotel for after Spurs match!

Coventry UK
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good hotel for after Spurs match!

Hi. I'm trying to plan a weekend for my husband's birthday in December. He wants to go to the Tottenham v Swansea match & then stay overnight with a nice meal. We need to travel to Southampton on the Sunday so anywhere between the ground & the M3, I guess! Not ideal, but I'd welcome any suggestions.

Thanks

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,611 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good hotel for after Spurs match!

Are you planing to bring a car into London?

Coventry UK
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good hotel for after Spurs match!

Yes, we'll drive so far. Not sure what parking is like at the ground, so could leave car at some point & catch train/tube, but will need the car on the Sunday to get to Southampton. travelling from Coventry on Saturday!

London
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good hotel for after Spurs match!

Parking round White Hart Lane is pretty dreadful, and so is the traffic. Local roads are Controlled Parking Zones with times set up to deter anyone from parking on match days. You'll find some useful travel info on Tottenhams website.

Best option for you maybe is to find a hotel near the M25 which has good rail links into town, and then gives you an easy getaway the next day. There are, for example, regular direct trains from Cheshunt to White Hart Lane but I cannot comment on hotels in that area.

P.S. There's only one Keith Houchen!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good hotel for after Spurs match!

How about somewhere in Richmond? You can tube to the ground(Train or tube the only logical choice, when you are near the ground you will laught at the thought you even contemplated parking near there) and then it's an easy journey the next day and here are some nice restaurants near the river.

You'll have to arrive too early to check in so make sure you book a hotel that lets you leave your bags there early.

Coventry UK
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good hotel for after Spurs match!

Thanks for those suggestions - it gives me some starting points to work from. I'll check out transport first, then look for hotel, I think.

Indeed - there is only one Keith Houchen! We were behind that goal in 87!

London, United...
Level Contributor
336 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good hotel for after Spurs match!

As mentioned street parking is not permitted within a half mile of the stadium. You can park in local car parks, factories, schools etc at a minimum charge of £10. Wherever you choose check the tfl website for line closures as this could occur on any weekend match day. Regarding hotel options, Muswell Hill has a number of hotels, it's a very nice area and to get to spurs walk down the hill to the bottom of Alexandra Palace to catch the W3 bus to Tottenham high road. Muswell hill has easy access to the North Circular Road leading to M25.

London, United...
Level Contributor
336 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good hotel for after Spurs match!

I just remembered this game has been moved to the Sunday as its been selected for tv! I

Edited: 19 October 2012, 16:39
Coventry UK
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good hotel for after Spurs match!

If that is true, then that really puts a spanner in the works!!!

Coventry UK
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good hotel for after Spurs match!

Just checked it out & you are right! Thanks for the heads up! You just saved me a lot of time & effort! Have to think again now as we need to be in Southampton on Sunday afternoon - no trip to White Hart Lane this season!

Thanks for all your suggestions though eveyone!

10. Re: Good hotel for after Spurs match!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2013, 10:16