We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels on london circle line

ontario canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
hotels on london circle line

I am planning my first trip to London. I do have some walking limitations so would like to stay at a nice hotel on the circle line which would give me easy access to sights/close to shops and restaurants....also hotels near the hop on/off bus.......any help would be appreciated...thankyou

London
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels on london circle line

What is your budget and when will you be visiting London?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,549 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels on london circle line

I wouldn't limit yourself to the Circle line, (which often have steps, so not ideal for someone with mobility problems) and is often closed at weekends for planned engineering works.. The Piccadilly/Jubilee lines are at least as good for access to sites.

Also, buses and being near good bus routes maybe more beneficial as there is less walking through stations, which can be extensive.

I would there fore look at the Park Plazas - Westminster Bridge/County Hall which has lots of useful buses on the doorstep as well as Westminster tube station (step free and a number of tube lines), or hotels near Kings Cross/Bloomsbury for similar reasons. I would begin by putting your budget and these locations into a hotel search engine like laterooms/booking.com etc and see what comes up. People can then comment on any you shortlist/like the look of.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,899 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels on london circle line

Millenium Bailey, in Kensington might be a good pick. It is nealry across the street from Gloucester Road tube station, which is on the District/Circle and Piccadilly lines.

The platform has a minimum of steps (relative to many other tube stops). Outside the station is the pick-up for at least one Hop on Hop off bus.

You would be near to shopping and museums.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d193070…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,384 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels on london circle line

There are 36 steps to (or from) the District and Circle line platforms at Gloucester Road station; 26 steps from the lift to the Piccadilly line platforms.

As has been said, depending on your mobility limitations the Underground may be a nonstarter, as very few central London stations are step free, and some have lengthy schleps to and from the ticket halls and train platforms.

London's buses may be a better choice as nearly all of them are low floor; despite the potential for being slowed by traffic they are good for short journeys. The hop on hop off buses do not run as frequently as London's red buses and should not be considered for transport in the city centre.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels on london circle line

As I have walking limitations too I would advise using the buses as opposed to the undeground . The Bloomsbury area is a good place to look at hotels .

I wouldn't particularly choose a hotel near a hop on hop off bus stop as these are sightseeing buses , unless your walking limitations are very bad .

Edited: 25 October 2012, 21:00
6. Re: hotels on london circle line

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 09:16