We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Show

Scotland
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
London Show

Hi All,

I am travelling to London on 24th Nov with my daughter.

We can't decide what show to go and see, would I be better booking before we come down or would we be able to get tickets on the day?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Show

I think it would depend on if you wanted to see a specific show or just anything .

The Leicester Square Half Price ticket booth is the place to go on the day if you're not fussy what you see, bearing in mind you don't have choice of seats.

Otherwise I would book before you come down once you've decided on the show and what price you're comfortable paying.

Edited: 30 October 2012, 10:11
Roeselare, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Show

Hi Shazza49,

London has one of the most diverse stage offerings in the world... We love to travel to London just for the sake of theatre. You can choose a small scale intimate venue or a grand spectacle, It really depends on what genre you prefer!

If you're only looking for musicals, I'd go for the classics like LesMiserables, or our newer personal favourite Matilda.

For great Drama, look at the listings for the National Theatre, Donmar Warehouse, maybe even the Globe.

For Comedy, One Man Two Guvners is getting rave reviews.

But this is only scratching the surface... If you'd like more help, please let us know your interests. Very helpful websites are Whatsonstage.com and Theatremonkey (to help you choose the best seats)

Have fun!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Show

I quite liked Jersey Boys and The Rat Pack... Depends what genre you are after.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,747 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London Show

These shows are on offer at the booth.

www.tkts.co.uk

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
766 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Show

Hi Shazza,

In addition to the info about the Tkts booth, theatremonkey.com and whatsonstage.com - you can also find a complete listing of shows at www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk which also links to tkts.co.uk for a listing of what tickets are on offer there. One Man, Two Guvnors is regularly available there, for example.

Some long-running shows can be bought in advance at a discount now - shows such as Billy Elliot, We Will Rock You, for example. Sites such as whatsonstage.com or lastminute.com or even the box office for such shows will offer the discounts, so you don't have to buy when you arrive. You may not be able to specify exact sets but you will be able to select an area of the theatre. Do make sure the discounter is a member of the STAR association though.

Newer shows like Matilda (highly recommended, by the way) do not sell at the tkts booth or discount online. You can buy directly from the Cambridge Theatre's box office run by Seetickets.com for Matilda.

Have a browse at theatremonkey or Whatsonstage...and if you are still not sure about what to see, come back for more advice or recommendations.

6. Re: London Show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2013, 10:19