We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Insurance from London - Can you recommend someone

Australia
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Insurance from London - Can you recommend someone

Hi TA'rs

Hoping you can help. My daughter who is lucky enough to be in London on a working visa will be meeting us in Singapore for Xmas. My question is can anyone recommend an online travel insurance company they use when traveling from London. Normally I do this from aust but they tend not to cover you if your not leaving/returning to Australia. Mainly just want a cover that does lost luggage and medical.

Thanks for any of your help :D

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,157 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Insurance from London - Can you recommend someone

Might be worth asking here - http://www.tntmagazine.com/

The good folk on the solo travel forum could also come up with some suggestions - tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12357-Solo_Tra…

Australia
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Insurance from London - Can you recommend someone

Thanks Adam - I have found a few on the net. Cannot believe how much cheaper travel insurance is compared to here.

3. Re: Travel Insurance from London - Can you recommend someone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 16:50
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Insurance from London - Can you recommend someone

I may be wrong on this, but I seem to remember that you must be resident in the UK to purchase travel insurance from a UK company. So if your daughter is leaving the UK to return home, rather than a holiday, she may not qualify. Something to check/bear in mind. I've used Good To Go insurance previously and found them helpful and easy to buy off.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Insurance from London - Can you recommend someone

Lynamc thankyou - she is there for another 18mths and she will return to the UK as its just a holiday in Malaysia with us for Xmas. I found a policy that specifies as long as she has been a resident for 3mths and will return she will be covered. I still cannot believe how cheap travel insurance though is there - it costs about 5x as much here.

Thanks for your help :D

Edited: 04 November 2012, 03:35
6. Re: Travel Insurance from London - Can you recommend someone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2013, 10:19