We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi service

Lagos
8 posts
Save Topic
Taxi service

Can anyone assist with reliable airport transfer service? I want to book a pickup from the airport but I see so many online which I do not trust. Will appreciate any advice on reliable taxi service.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,389 Reviews
from US$125.80*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath, Pub...
2,149 Reviews
from US$128.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
541 Reviews
from US$113.50*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,759 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi service

Some tried and tested car services include www.expressways.co.uk www.skyexpresscars.net www.hummingbirdcars.com www.justairports.com and www.simplyairports.co.uk

Lagos
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi service

Thanks for the quick response.

I have checked the sites you listed above but I'm hoping I may get something cheaper as these mainly go above 35 which is kind of my budget.

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi service

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k488…

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,583 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi service

The £35 pre-booked fare is only really likely to apply to people going to West/Central London. You are unlikely to pay as little as this for, say, Docklands or even Bloomsbury.

If your budget is that tight you could probably consider the Tube or National Express coach even if you have luggage. It really depends on where you are staying. For example, if you were staying near a Piccadilly Line Tube station you could take the tube and still be virtually door to door.

Mentioned in this post
Central Hotel
Central Hotel
95 Reviews
London, UK
The Bloomsbury
The Bloomsbury
3,559 Reviews
London, UK
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi service

<<get something cheaper as these mainly go above 35 which is kind of my budget.>>

There are things called trains tubes coaches and buses which are - generally - much cheaper than that.

You may need to rethink either your budget or your requirement. If you do find one a bit cheaper then you've the trust problem

Edited: 05 November 2012, 15:00
Lagos
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi service

I know about the tube but can't use it cos of my baby and luggage. when I travel alone I use the tube but this is my first trip with my baby and it will be an inconvenience. I can revise my budget, I just don't to find myself paying so much for a taxi ride. I'm headed to NW2.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi service

I'm hoping I may get something cheaper as these mainly go above 35 which is kind of my budget.

======

You want it reliable but cheaper than all the reliable trusted companies mentioned? (and even those have hiccups from time to time)

Would you like some cake and a fork to eat with as well?

Lagos
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi service

Hello Joeintheuk,

The fact that you live there and know how the system works does not call for you to make unpleasant comments about people's questions. If you have nothing positive to contribute, then do not bother to say anything.

Thanks for your unwanted response.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi service

Its nothing to do with "how the system works" Panda.

If I wanted a reliable taxi in Lagos and all the quotes provided by companies stated as reliable by posters in that forum were at 35 and above, I wouldn't be expecting companies charging noticeable under 35 to be either reliable or trustworthy. Or for that matter, safe, licensed by the government, insured, or legal.

No local knowledge needed.Just common sense.

Edited: 05 November 2012, 15:20
Mentioned in this post
Lagos
Lagos
Faro District, Portugal
Lagos
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi service

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way in Lagos so it's still local knowledge. Anyways I'll still say thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Lagos
Lagos
Faro District, Portugal