We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gilbert Scott Restaurant dress code

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Gilbert Scott Restaurant dress code

Can anyone tell me what the dress code at the Gilbert Scott restaurant is please?

I'm going to be taking some foreign business guests down to London for a couple of days, and can get a table for the five of us here, but am wary that I have told them they do not need to bring suits for the meetings we have - just to dress comfortably for the weather as they are all travelling here from Asia, North Africa/Middle East.

I don't want to book it, and find we get turned away due to somethign as silly as dress code!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gilbert Scott Restaurant dress code

unless you are dressed outrageously you will not be turned away.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gilbert Scott Restaurant dress code

So do you think jeans and a jacket would be ok? I know one of our distributors wears that quite often (smartly) and don't want to get stuck!

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,884 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gilbert Scott Restaurant dress code

There is no dress code stated on their website so they can't really expect to enforce one.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,327 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gilbert Scott Restaurant dress code

Why not just ring them or email them? Nobody actually seems to know the answer.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gilbert Scott Restaurant dress code

I am speaking from direct experience, wear whatever you like.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gilbert Scott Restaurant dress code

I have only eaten there once and would say that the other guests, like me, we're in smart casual, with a breadth of definition of 'smart' and a breadth of definition of 'casual'. It was jolly nice too, by the way.

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gilbert Scott Restaurant dress code

You can count on the fingers of one thumb the number of restaurants in London that have the arrogance to tell their customers what to wear.

And most of them are overwrought teashops, selling you a cup of tea and a few cucumber sandwiches for £40, but justifying their price by insisting you dress like a pillock.

8. Re: Gilbert Scott Restaurant dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2013, 10:17