We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chelsea FC Pre-Match Suggestions

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Chelsea FC Pre-Match Suggestions

My 18-Year old son and I are coming from the US for him to see his favorite football club (Chelsea) play. We will be attending the November 25th match against Man City. The match is at 4:00pm and we are looking for ideas of what to do before the match begins. Are there pubs nearby where fans meet before the game? What time should we plan to get there? Any ideas for a good pre-match experience would be greatly appreciated.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,581 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chelsea FC Pre-Match Suggestions

I hope you have tickets

The whole area around the ground is mobbed and traffic hardly moves

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chelsea FC Pre-Match Suggestions

We do have tickets. So you would avoid the area immediately surrounding the stadium?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
374 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chelsea FC Pre-Match Suggestions

There is a pub over the road from the entrance. It is by no means the most interesting pub you'll see in London beer selection wise. I didn't have time to explore further afield but didn't see anything else between there and the tube station. Once inside there are bars with many TVs watching other games. There is a large shop for Chelsea gear.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chelsea FC Pre-Match Suggestions

There are many pubs in the area around the stadium, pick any one of them. They will fill up from noon onwards, they will be unpleasantly full by around 3pm

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chelsea FC Pre-Match Suggestions

You might be better off heading to the bottom of earls court road/old brompton road and combining a visit to some of the pubs there for lunch (e.g. The Pembroke), and then it's just 1 stop to the stadium on the tube or you can walk it in 15 minutes.

Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chelsea FC Pre-Match Suggestions

You should check out www.footballgroundguide.co.uk, there is some good recommendations about what to do.Enjoy the match

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chelsea FC Pre-Match Suggestions

Find a pub showing a 3:00 kick off game. Then at least he stands a chance of seeing a proper team play.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chelsea FC Pre-Match Suggestions

Thanks for the replies. I did check out www.footballgroundguide.co.uk and it was vey helpful. Can't wait to see The Blues play.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,268 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chelsea FC Pre-Match Suggestions

http://www.whitehorsesw6.com/

One of the best pubs in London and 20 minutes walk from the ground. They might even fire up the outside barbecue if the weather is dry and not too cold.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,054 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Chelsea FC Pre-Match Suggestions

In Fulham this one rules the roost.

A ten minute walk to the ground.

www.brogansfulham.co.uk/