We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay Soho

Level Contributor
167 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Gay Soho

End of January my gay son and his lesbian friend will be staying in a hotel near Russell Square. Is Soho in a walkable distance and can anyone suggest some nice mixed gay pubs or bars?

Cheers Patrick

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,300 Reviews
from US$126.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
477 Reviews
from US$105.40*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,098 Reviews
from US$134.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
468 Reviews
from US$334.60*
London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay Soho

Russell Square is easy walking distance from Soho. Few gay bars in Soho are mixed lesbian/gay, although many are fairly well mixed gay/straight (go figure). The Yard on Rupert Street is quite relaxed and has a better mix of age/gender than most. Most regular bars in Soho are 'metrosexual'. Freedom on Wardour Street is very 'metro' and is my preferred option when in Soho. It is very relaxed and has dancing downstairs.

London, England
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay Soho

I pretty much agree with the previous post.

A good bar to start off would be The Edge, it's a bar I really like and it's on the edge of Soho coming from Russell Square.

The Candy Bar is a Lesbian bar but I haven't been in there in years so no idea what it's like.

All the bars have free magazines available which have listings and maps of bars and clubs. Boyz magazine and QX mag are probably the best known and also have online editions.

There are quite a few bars in Soho and it won't take long to fathom out which bars they like.

3. Re: Gay Soho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 12:18