We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

That time of year again..Help needed please!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire
Level Contributor
766 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
That time of year again..Help needed please!

Me and my youngest daughter(she's 24!) are doing our yearly trip to London.

We have tickets to Les Mis at Queens Theatre. We are only stopping for 1 night,1st-2nd Dec, after last years fun filled 2 day extravaganza!

We had some great advice last year, we stayed at the Lincoln House hotel, (Fully booked :-( ) and went to see Wicked.

I have no idea which side of town we are on this time, tried to look at Google maps and I am hopeless.

We would like another Budget hotel, with ensuite like the Lincoln house. We are doing the Matinee performance this year, so somewhere to eat, (fabulous at Bumbles last year) We like most cuisine so any of the same on a budget ideas would be great.

Last year we went a bit crazy and tried to cram everything in, so this year, its morning shopping,theatre, dinner and if someone could recommend whats on offer this side of town for the evening, we did winter wonderland last year, so something christmassy would be good.

Sunday we will go to oxford street for christmas shopping before hitting the train back home from Euston.

Looking forward to all your suggestions!

Many Thanks

cheshire
Level Contributor
766 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: That time of year again..Help needed please!

Whoops, nearly forgot older daughter is coming this year too, so a triple room is needed but with ensuite.

thanks

cheshire
Level Contributor
766 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: That time of year again..Help needed please!

Gosh, makes you wonder what sort of London Forum Etiquette I must have broken to have not received any replies.

However, there are still people kind enough to sign post and I have a fabulous weekend planned, complete, with travel, theatre, hotel and winter wonderland tickets.

For the people that did help I would like to thank you very much, my daughters and I really appreciate it.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: That time of year again..Help needed please!

Hope you aren't feeling paranoid; perhaps there was something good on TV last night!

Les Mis /Queens Theatre is on Shaftesbury Avenue so it is nice and central (I guess Piccadily Circus and Leicester Sq are the closest tube stations). Chinatown is just across the road from you.

Hotel-wise I think you'll have to focus on establishing which hotels will allow 3 adults in a room on the dates and then narrow it down from there. Why not try laterooms.co.uk and other similar sites.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: That time of year again..Help needed please!

For a change from the Winter Wonderland, what about The South Bank Chritmas market southbanklondon.com/south-bank-london-winter… or ice skating at Somerset House.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,308 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: That time of year again..Help needed please!

Gower Street is convenient to Euston and any of these hotels may suit. Arosfa, Ridgemount or Jesmond.

Post theatre this restaurant close by has a buzz.

www.kettners.com/

And later on you might like a drink in here.

www.cafeboheme.co.uk/

cheshire
Level Contributor
766 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: That time of year again..Help needed please!

Thanks everyone, guess I must have been feeling a bit edgy after trawling through pages of hotels/guest houses and ringingaround alot!!..sorry.

I found a 3 person one night with breakfast at The Jesmond, it seems pretty central. It's strange you should put them in that order, thats who I phoned to start with and each one recommended the other one, when they couldnt book me in. We paid £130 with ensuite and breakfast.

I have booked maison toureg, they also have a post theatre menu, think it was about £14.50 for 3 courses.

We ended up booking winter wonderland again, which was great fun last year if not really busy. I would very much like to take a lookat southbank london winter.

Thank you so much for all your suggestions, really appreciate it and will try and take a look at them whilst we are there.

Kind Regards

Edited: 21 November 2012, 20:09
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,416 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: That time of year again..Help needed please!

The Jesmond (and the other two Gower Street hotels) is a decent choice: clean, comfortable rooms, a good breakfast and very well situated in the city centre.

tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…goodgestreet-a4.pdf The 10, 73 and 390 from stop C at Torrington Place will take you to Oxford Street; from New Oxford Street (just east of the junction with Tottenham Court Road) there are connections to other parts of London as well. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/tott…

Stop A, in Tottenham Court Road, for the return journey from the West End, is no more than a three minute walk from Gower Street.

cheshire
Level Contributor
766 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: That time of year again..Help needed please!

Thats really useful thanks..daughter loves the underground..not so keen myself. I am hoping to persuade her to experience top deck of the bus for some sight seeing!

9. Re: That time of year again..Help needed please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 18:19