We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westfield London or Westfield Stratford? Confused!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
179 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Westfield London or Westfield Stratford? Confused!

I've been told by many people to go to Westfield shopping centre while in London but I didn't realise there are 2 and I'm not sure which one is the best?! We're staying in Kensington if that makes a difference!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westfield London or Westfield Stratford? Confused!

Westfield white city. Partly because it's closer and partly because it's a bit nicer with a better range of shops and 'the Village'.(all on their very google-able website). If you must go to Westfield at all that is.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,005 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westfield London or Westfield Stratford? Confused!

It does depend what you want to buy. White City has more upmarket/designer shops but Stratford has John Lewis.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,085 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westfield London or Westfield Stratford? Confused!

I agree with parkland in that Westfield in white city/shephards bush is easier to get to although I thought the one at Stratford was slightly bigger.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westfield London or Westfield Stratford? Confused!

The John Lewis at Stratford is a bit pants IMO though. You'd be better off hopping on the central line a few stops to Oxford Circus for the 'proper' one. Stratford may (or may not) have square footage and actually I'd say its food court is better but it's full of high street chains so if you want a Boot's or Superdrug, or yet another Carphone Warehouse it's the place to go!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,227 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westfield London or Westfield Stratford? Confused!

OK, a little confusing to begin with but it sort of came about like this:

Westfield opens its first mall in London in 2008 and calls it Westfield London - that's in Wood Lane / White City / Shepherds' Bush. Then, they open another mall in 2011 in the East End of London and that's called Westfield Stratford.

Hopefully that makes it a little clearer.

London
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westfield London or Westfield Stratford? Confused!

If you're staying in Kensington, then go to Westfield London in Shepherd's Bush, because it's on the same side of town as you will be. I also think it's better. And from there it's a quicker underground journey to Oxford Street.

7. Re: Westfield London or Westfield Stratford? Confused!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 02:15