We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

step free access

NE UK
Level Contributor
612 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
step free access

Hi - needing to get to Gatwick Airport from KGX. Last visit I got direct train from St Pancras, but now have to get to London Bridge. Is there step free access from KGX to the Northern Line? Otherwise any info on the price of a black cab from KGX to either London Bridge or to Victoria Station? Thanks

Tower Bridge
Bridges, Observation Decks & Towers, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Millennium Bridge
Bridges, Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,298 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: step free access

Why not just get the FCC train from St. Pancras to London Bridge?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: step free access

On what date and time are you traveling? (in case of engineering works).

Kings Cross and St. Pancras stations are right next door to each other (a 1-2 minute walk by the side entrances).

In normal circumstances you should be able to go to St. Pancras and take the First Capital Connect train direct to Gatwick. No changes, journey time about 50 minutes.

NE UK
Level Contributor
612 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: step free access

Right - I've checked with FCC and on my date they are saying I need to get the Tube to London Bridge, then catch FCC to Gatwick. I'm travelling 27 Nov around 1330.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,298 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: step free access

Trains are running normally on that date and time according to National Rail Enquires. No reason why they shouldn't be as it is a normal weekday afternoon.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,386 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: step free access

Nothing in the timetables to suggest that the trains aren't running from St Pancras - and on a weekday it would be virtually unheard of.

NE UK
Level Contributor
612 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: step free access

The trains ARE running from St Pancras, but Gatwick is shown in light type, meaning a change is necessary. When I entered my date and times to find my train it's definitely telling me tube to London Bridge (or Victoria) and then rail to Gatwick

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,951 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: step free access

You can check for step free routes through stations using the 'Stations made easy' links on the National rail page for a station www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations_destinations/

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,415 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: step free access

I just checked both FCC and national rail websites and they both show the 13:24 and the 13:39 going to LGW with no change for that date/time with an anytime fare of £9.90.

The 13:25 goes via Victoria but that is the time the tube is timed to leave at.

FCC trains depart every 15 mins and take about 45 mins to LGW.

NE UK
Level Contributor
612 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: step free access

Thankyou all - just checked the FCC site again and it's now saying direct journey St P to LGW! It's not me, honest!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: step free access

Rebuilding at London Bridge started yesterday, not sure how that will affect trains. Is this when they demolish the bridge over Borough Market, or has that already happened ?