We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from London gatwick to Euro lodge clapham

Lux
1 post
Save Topic
travelling from London gatwick to Euro lodge clapham

Could somebody tell me the best way (and cheapest if possible) to travel from London Gatwick airport to the Euro Lodge Clapham?

thanks (:

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
458 reviews
from US$105.30*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.00*
US$334.40
Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from London gatwick to Euro lodge clapham

Hi 101 lisa,

If euro lodge is close to clapham junction you could go by southern train it is only 24 minutes from gatwick and i have bought a trainticket for this route this wednesday and it was just 5 GBP.

Enjoy your stay in wonderfull London

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from London gatwick to Euro lodge clapham

Take the Southern train to Clapham Junction. If really wanting to keep costs down, take bus 37 from Clapham Junction towards Peckham to Clapham Common station, then walk about 10 mins. I'd take a taxi, it would only be a few pounds more than the train fare.

Note that Brondy's train ticket is an Advance ticket and is worthless if you miss the train you booked.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from London gatwick to Euro lodge clapham

I hope you've read their reviews. If you get there and they try to get you to travel to their other hotel in Crystal Palace, refuse and stand your ground. Alternatively, book somewhere else nearby. There's a new travelogue in CJ and at least 3 decent budget B&B's not far.

Get an train to Clapham Junctiin and if you have a lot of luggage, get a taxi there. It's a 5/10 minute taxi ride, but a tiring walk if you don't know the short cuts.

4. Re: travelling from London gatwick to Euro lodge clapham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 08:16