We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London estate agent for one week rental

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
348 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
London estate agent for one week rental

Hi

Would anyone be able to suggest an Estate agent for a one week rental in May 2013 for a family of four incl two kids.

Have researched for hours and at a dead end. Most hotels in London (except for say Premier Inns) do not have family rooms which can accommodate 4 in one room and the very few that do (base2stay) are very expensive.

Not too comfortable with airbnb.

My budget would be around 150 pounds per night for all 4 of us.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Tower of London Entrance Ticket...
1,596 Reviews
from US$35.40*
Special Offer
London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off...
1,105 Reviews
from US$89.18*
US$93.90
Special Offer
Tower of London, Changing of the...
1,570 Reviews
from US$121.20*
US$134.70
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: London estate agent for one week rental

See this list for budget hotels with quad rooms https:/…

See this list for flat rentals https:/…

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,235 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London estate agent for one week rental

Estate agents don't do holiday lets - they handle tenancies, a very different proposition. Have a look at vrbo.com, holidaylettings.co.uk or some vacation let agencies such as Ivy Lettings, Coach House rentals, A Place Like Home, Refresh accommodation, studios2let. If anyone can find Texscott's list perhaps they can link to it (I can't find it for some reason).

Edit: ask and you shall receive....

Edited: 28 November 2012, 12:22
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
348 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London estate agent for one week rental

Thanks so much Texscott and Parklandwalk. This is most helpful.

Going through - first glance finding Ivy Lettings nice, finally looks like I might find something.

How many months in advance would you think one should book to get a good apartment.

Roeselare, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London estate agent for one week rental

If your travel dates are set already, I wouldn't wait to book an apartment, once you find one you like.

For our own flat rental at the end of June, I'm finding several of our favourite options already booked... Good luck!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London estate agent for one week rental

you can try www.hamletuk.com for apartment rentals and they are located very close to the Tower of London and Tower Hill Station. They are pretty reasonable and you can probably do the one bedroom if you kids will share a couch bed. There are reviews on this forum and I have stayed there several times, the last time in 2010.

Mentioned in this post
Tower of London
Tower of London
53,523 Reviews
London, UK
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
348 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London estate agent for one week rental

Just to update that used A Place Like Home and they were great. The apartment was exactly as mentioned in fact better than the images. Nick was a breeze to deal with. Prompt responses. Check in was a bit of an issue due to long time to get out at Heathrow and not catching network on my mobile and someone waiting at the apartment. But that's fine. Checking out was a breeze again. Would definitely go back to them.

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
7. Re: London estate agent for one week rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 07:17