We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any place for cosy, traditional, charming Afternoon Tea?

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
193 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Any place for cosy, traditional, charming Afternoon Tea?

Anyone has any suggestions on good and cosy, traditional Afternoon Tea in central London? Preferably on the cheap side.

We would like some place that has an old charm to it and feels cosy. And that is not that expensive.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any place for cosy, traditional, charming Afternoon Tea?

Click on day trips, culinary, right hand side of this page.

When asking for something, if cost is important, please use numbers, and not adjectives such as "cheap" or "not expensive".

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,550 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any place for cosy, traditional, charming Afternoon Tea?

The Capital Hotel, IME, is very cosy, traditional and at around £25 good value for a genuine AT. ( Bear in mind that cheaper places may not be the 'real deal'). Having said that, his site has some good offers and the Marylebone hotel is a particularly good offer. The Cavendish hotel too does a tea for about £18.

http://www.capitalhotel.co.uk/

www.afternoontea.co.uk/index.php#.ULo-w2c49H4

doylecollection.com/locations/london_city_ho…

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
193 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any place for cosy, traditional, charming Afternoon Tea?

Well, I should have been more specific, sorry. Any Afternoon Tea under 20 pounds per person. In a nice, old style place.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,550 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any place for cosy, traditional, charming Afternoon Tea?

See link in post 2.

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
193 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any place for cosy, traditional, charming Afternoon Tea?

parklandwalk: Thank you for the links!

The Capital Hotel has got some bad reviews on Tripadvisor, but I will have a look on the other links.

The dream would be to find a place that has that Downton Abbey feel to it and that fits our budget (up to 20-25 pounds per person).

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
193 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any place for cosy, traditional, charming Afternoon Tea?

I just found 'The Rose Lounge' at St James's. It looks very nice, but it also looks like it can be a bit pricey. There is no menu or prices on their website. Has anyone been there? Was it as good as it looks? What about the price?

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,424 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any place for cosy, traditional, charming Afternoon Tea?

28 pounds according to afternoontea.co.uk : www.afternoontea.co.uk/index.php…

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,550 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any place for cosy, traditional, charming Afternoon Tea?

Can't comment on reviews but I have had several teas at the Capital and IMO it is on of the best at that (or any) price level.

Unfortunately anywhere really cosy with good food is likely to be £25 and up unless you find an offer.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,550 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any place for cosy, traditional, charming Afternoon Tea?

You could try Brown's (the restaurant, not the hotel) but it's not a particularly cosy place.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,162 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any place for cosy, traditional, charming Afternoon Tea?

afternoontea.co.uk has offers every month, so when you are about to come to London, check it to see which hotels are offering a discount on their tea.

I'm surprised to hear that The Capital has had some bad reviews; my teas there have always been good, and the room is exactly what you seem to be looking for.

I had tea recently at The Marylebone Hotel through one of the above website's offers, which was also good, though the service needed sharpening up.

I haven't tried it, but you could look into the Cadogan Hotel's tea at £22.50pp.

www.afternoontea.co.uk/index.php…