We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Luton Airport

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
73 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
London Luton Airport

LHR;LGW,STN,LCY London is really airport madness...by accident i found out that my next flight(arriving may3rd) arrives at London Luton.Well, another one new one for my London airport collection,but i just know this place,because i used to watch a rather funny docusoap about eayjetstaff

dealing with angry and drunk passengers over there.

the airport didn t made quite the impression of having trainservices into town.is there at least something like a bus?

any advise?danke

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: London Luton Airport

There are train services from Luton Airport Parkway station (a short shuttle ride from the terminal). Midland Mainline goes to St Pancras, First Capital Connect goes to Kings Cross Thameslink, Farringdon, City Thameslink, Blackfriars and London Bridge.

Alternativly there are coach services to Victoria via various points in Cen. Lon. offered by National Express and Greenline Coach 757

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Luton Airport

You mentioned EasyJet, well here's a chance to use EasyBus, they run from Luton Airport to London:

http://www.easybus.co.uk

They stop in Baker Street:

…easygroup.co.uk/easyBus/…London_Central.html

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Luton Airport

London may have five airports, but let us not forget that Berlin (your home city) has three international airports.

London: LHR - LGW - STN - LTN - LCY

Berlin: TXL - THF - SXF

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Luton Airport

Re. the Easybus between Luton and London, can anyone recommend a hotel near the London pickup location (Gloucester Place)? We are spending two nights in London and have an early departure from Luton on a Friday morning. We need to catch the 5 a.m. bus, so I thought it would be easiest to stay somewhere within walking distance of the pickup. We are beginning a three-week tour that will involve mostly hostels and other modest accomodations, so luxury is not important. Good value, safety and cleanliness are at a premium.

London, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Luton Airport

Luton airport is mainly used by charter and low cost airlines, so it gets more drunkis than the likes of Heathrow! The train takes about 25 minutes from the airport to central London, although its fairly pricey. Luton is actually some way outside London, so calling itself a London airport is a bit suspect really!

London
Level Contributor
777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Luton Airport

Luton is the chihuahua of London airports - it's small but thinks it's big. Some of the infrastructure doesn't quite meet the standard it should. But being small makes it quick and painless to pass through.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
73 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Luton Airport

Thank you all.thats helpfull.

LondonParisBerlin?are you angry with me?

it s not that i dont like berlin.i live here quite happily.

but let us not forget, that london is the bigger city.

by very amazingly breathtaking far.oder nicht?

c u at tempelhof;-)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Luton Airport

Hello windowseat!

I am no expert by all means with airports, however, give me Luton airport anytime, I take it with open arms! I am famous for missing flights, getting lost etc, but in this small airport I did not manage to lost, everything is so compact, and what with my bad back I only had to wheel my suitcase outside the building for a waiting bus.

have a nice trip!

JS

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Luton Airport

>>windowseat

No. I'm of course not angry with you. I was just merely pointing out that Berlin has three airports; that's all.

'C U at Tempelhof'? Ich verwende normalerweise den Flughafen Tegel, wenn ich nach Berlin hinfliege, da ich mit British Airways aus London-Heathrow fliege! (lol)

Ehrlich nichts für ungut! Ich hab nicht gemeint, Unruhen oder Ärger zu verursachen.

NYC
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: London Luton Airport

Now that you guys are talking about London Luton, I have a question about hotels.

I'm taking a late flight from Athens into Luton, and then taking the easybus to Baker St. I will be staying in London for the night to connect to VS in Heathrow the following morning.

Having said that, does anyone of you know a budget hotel in the Baker St. area? I'm trying to avoid cabs or the tube late at night, as I'll be getting there around midnight.

Thanks!