We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King's Cross to Heathrow Terminal 1

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
King's Cross to Heathrow Terminal 1

On 2nd January I need to get from the King's Cross St Pancras area to Heathrow Terminal 1. I have seen other posts that mention taking the Piccadilly line straight from King's Cross but when I search on the TFL website, none of the trip planner selections show this. I just want to be 100% certain that it IS possible and confirm that the trip takes about an hour.

Thank you!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$106.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.90*
US$336.60
London, United...
Level Contributor
10,088 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: King's Cross to Heathrow Terminal 1

You are correct on both counts. Just make sure that it is a Heathrow service, as some trains go to Uxbridge. The electronic sign on the platform ( look up to see it) will tell you which it is.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,532 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: King's Cross to Heathrow Terminal 1

The TfL website defaults to the quickest, rather than easiest option unless you meddle with the settings

In your case pick a Piccadilly Line train that is heading for T5 rather than for T4 as trains for T5 go to T1 before T5 whereas T4 trains go to T1 after T4

Magor, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: King's Cross to Heathrow Terminal 1

TFL Journey planner will give all the information you need. It is the Piccadilly Line, the journey takes just over an hour and the cost is just over £5.

Use …tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: King's Cross to Heathrow Terminal 1

Thank you lovely people! You have put my mind at ease and that is ONE thing I can stop stressing about! :-)

5. Re: King's Cross to Heathrow Terminal 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 17:16