We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tube ticket office times

Santander, Spain
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
tube ticket office times

Hi TALFers

I have a question about the times of the ticket offices. I have read that the Moorgate office opens at 10:15 on Saturdays??? Does this mean that we can not buy our Oyster cards at this station before that time? We have our cards, but we need to get and load new ones for the friends travelling with us this time. BTW, we are travelling next month. Second option is walking to Liverpool Street and get them there; they open at 8am and I may get a 11-15 photocard card for my eldest daughter...noy sure about it...

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,315 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tube ticket office times

You can also get Oyster cards and top up at certain convenience stores. The closest to Moorgate is -

SAN-JAY, 1 WHITECROSS PLACE, MOORGATE, LONDON, EC2M 2PB

ticketstoplocator.tfl.gov.uk/LocationLocator/

That said, it's not that far to Liverpool Street anyway.

Also, are you planning to get the National Rail photocard for your daughter? If so that's okay as they are free and issued on the spot. However, the Oyster Zip photocard needs to be ordered in advance and there's a £10 admin fee.

Edited: 07 December 2012, 10:29
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,006 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tube ticket office times

Easier just to get one day Travelcards for your daughter or go to Liverpool Street TRAIN station ticket office with a couple of photos and get a Travelcard for her there

Santander, Spain
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tube ticket office times

Alan

What Travelcard do you refer to? My daughter is 12 and I thought the only card I can get for her is the 11-15 Oyster photocard and use it for the trips to come.

However, if I have to pay 10GBP and load it for the tube rides, the Day travelcard at 3.40 will be a better deal.

I hadn't thought about the convinience stores...but we want to take bus 11 at Liverpool Street...any of the two options will work.

If I buy the cards at a conviniebce store, will they refund the deposit at a tube station on the day we are leaving?

Edited: 07 December 2012, 11:18
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tube ticket office times

I don't think convenience stores would but ticket offices might.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: tube ticket office times

<<What Travelcard do you refer to? My daughter is 12 and I thought the only card I can get for her is the 11-15 Oyster photocard and use it for the trips to come.

However, if I have to pay 10GBP and load it for the tube rides, the Day travelcard at 3.40 will be a better deal.>>

The 11-15 Oyster card costs £10, non refundable. So for a one off short visit day travel cards are better. For longer or multiple visits it's worth considering.

6. Re: tube ticket office times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 02:17