We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Trip Itinerary!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
London Trip Itinerary!

Could someone look over this itinerary and critique it PLEASE as we only have 4 days in London while on our vacation?

Understand that I will be traveling with my 24 year old daughter AND I realize that we will be going from before sunrise to way after sunset; with breakfast at the hotel, lunch on the run and hopefully a decent sitdown pub for dinner! Suggestions welcome~

DAY 1

Buckingham Palace – changing of the guard

The Queen’s Gallery

Kensington Palace

Houses of Parliament and Big Ben - we can't go in :( (no tickets)

Churchill Museum

National Gallery

DAY 2

The Tower of London

The London Bridge

Cruise the Thames

Westminster Abbey

DAY 3

Portobello Road morning street market

St Paul's Cathedral

Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre

Florence Nightingale Museum (I am a nurse, duh!)

Piccadilly Theatre (we already have tickets for the 7:30 show)

DAY4

Spitalfields Traders Market

The British Museum

The British Library

West End Walk from Leicester Square ending at Jermyn Street.

Any suggestions... things to omit... or additions....would be met with gratitude~ This trip MUST to be amazing for her!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: London Trip Itinerary!

Unless you or your daughter are particularly interested in art (specifically the Northern Renaissance which is currently featured), I would recommend swapping the Queen's Gallery for the Royal Mews. They're right next to eachother. Unless something has changed since last year, you can see the car that the Duchess of Cambridge rode to her wedding, some amazing carriages, and the "royal" horses. My understanding is that it's easy to walk up and buy tickets--no need to purchase in advance.

It might help others to know the days of your trip. I think some of the markets are only really busy on certain days.

2. Re: London Trip Itinerary!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 07:11
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Trip Itinerary!

Sorry,

We are leaving out of Columbus on December 26th (I know...the day after Christmas) and then arriving at Heathrow on the 27th so day one will be Thursday, day two - Friday and so on!

I think she would definitely enjoy the carriages!

4. Re: London Trip Itinerary!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 07:11
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Trip Itinerary!

Thank you IWantT0... That is an excellent way to end our day on Trafalgar Square!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Trip Itinerary!

Haha...I would love to catch a performance at Globe; however, my daughter's choice WON....Viva Forever! The Spice Girls!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: London Trip Itinerary!

Kensington Palace is generally not very well received: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186338-d1…

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Trip Itinerary!

Tex,

Any substitutions you could recommend?? PLEASE!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Trip Itinerary!

You could replace Kensington Palace with the Royal Mews (as suggested in Post #1) and still see the Queens gallery and it keeps you in the same area.

Day 2.......The London Bridge? I think you mean Tower Bridge.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,678 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London Trip Itinerary!

Day 2 - See Westminster Abbey (take the Verger tour - its worth it); walk over to Westminster Bridge - see Big Ben, etc; catch a bout to TOWER bridge (passing under London, and other, bridges); visit the Tower of London.