We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannon Street Rail to Greenwich Rail

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
141 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Cannon Street Rail to Greenwich Rail

Can I use a 7 day travel card (z1-2) on Southeastern from Cannon Street Rail Station to Greenwich Rail Station? Thanks.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannon Street Rail to Greenwich Rail

Yes

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannon Street Rail to Greenwich Rail

Yes, but you are better off going from Charring Cross straight through. As you'd have to take the tube to Charring Cross anyway to meet the train there.

I don't think there are restrictions on use of railcards on that route, well I had no problem years ago but there is something in that area restriction wise but I don't have a clue off hand I'm afraid.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,356 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cannon Street Rail to Greenwich Rail

Yes.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cannon Street Rail to Greenwich Rail

"you are better off going from Charring Cross straight through"

No, there are direct trains from Cannon Street to Greenwich every 10 minutes, less frequently on Sundays. No need to use Charing Cross.

" I don't have a clue off hand"

Well, that bit is accurate. :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cannon Street Rail to Greenwich Rail

Or if there is no train direct to Greenwich from Cannon Street, just get on the first train to leave stopping at London Bridge and change at the next stop. Ask one of the rail staff which platform the next train leaves from - probably platform 4.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cannon Street Rail to Greenwich Rail

Certainly if the journey is being made Monday to Friday, then there will be a direct train to Greenwich, unless some operational problem - like a signals or points failure - prevents trains running between Deptford and Charlton. From my local station going to London, all trains run into Cannon Street and serve Greenwich on Mondays to Fridays. Mcotodcg - would arrival at Greenwich station complete your journey, or do you need advice from there onwards?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
141 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cannon Street Rail to Greenwich Rail

Thanks for the answer to my question. No additional advice needed.

8. Re: Cannon Street Rail to Greenwich Rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2013, 10:16