We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-book taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
329 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-book taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick

Hi - we need to get from Heathrow airport to Gatwick and a taxi transfer looks the easiest option with bags. Are there any of the online companys people have used and that are good. There are so many advertsing online and we want someone reilable. It looks like £40 to £50 if you pre-book is what we should expect to pay.

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-book taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick

I would have guessed at closer to double that,and I seem to recall quotes here in the region of £75? I cant imagine how any company charging £40 could possibly make any money without skipping things such as vehicle maintenance, tax, insurance and the like.

Edited: 02 January 2013, 09:23
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,506 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-book taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick

Is flying to Heathrow then transferring to Gatwick a good idea?

If coming from Manchester I would have thought train to Euston, walk 10 minutes to St Pancras then train to Gatwick would have been the better option - or if flying into Heathrow from elsewhere, take the Tube to St Pancras then walk to Euston for the train north

london
Level Contributor
29 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-book taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick

I have done that transfer many times and I now use National Express every time.

They run so regularly, several an hour, its a breeze.

A car from a decent company will cost around 70-90 pounds as opposed to 25 pounds on the coach

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-book taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick

Don't know where these figures are coming from! We pre-booked a car from Heathrow to Gatwick and it was £45. Since there were two of us, it was cheaper and much more convenient than taking 3 cases and 2 bags of hand luggage on the bus.

The company had my mobile number and a text was there with the driver's number when we got off plane. We called and he collected us at the car park upstairs. I will have a look through my emails and check the company's name.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre-book taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick

It was www.prestigeairportcars.co.uk

I chose this company after reading a number of positive reports on various threads on Trip Advisor.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre-book taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick

Thanks Helshaw. I am gobsmacked they can make a profit at that price and maybe they dont but as long as you think the cars seemed legit people should take advantage :-)

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pre-book taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick

It was honestly great. My only objection was having to listen to the driver's choice of 'The Archers' on the radio! ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pre-book taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick

I have used this company from Heathrow to Gatwick once, and I was very pleased, and they have good fares:

http://www.247airporttransfer.co.uk/

Manchester
Level Contributor
329 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pre-book taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick

That is a great help. When i searched on a few websites it came up at £45 but after reading some replies on here I wondered if it was too good to be true. Thanks again I will try this company.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pre-book taxi from Heathrow to Gatwick

I am in the same dilemma - currently researching my options since I have now decided to use a private car/taxi service. Has anyone used the company: Heathrow2Gatwick.co.? They seem legit and reasonable price, but would like first hand opinions. Thank you.