We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip from Paris to London (Eurostar)

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip from Paris to London (Eurostar)

The first train from Paris arrives at St. Pancras after 9 am (so that's pretty much mid morning). Then I will have to find my way to the HoHo bus from there, so by that time I am on the bus, more time will have elapsed.

Looking at the Eurostar schedule back to Paris, the 7 pm train has sold out, so that only leaves the 6 and the 10 pm trains. However, because I am a senior, I might be so tired to stay until the 10 pm train so I will probably want to take the 6 pm train back whicih means I have to find my way to St. Pancras from any of the HoHo routes.

bigbustours.com/eng/london/custompage.aspx…

I am now thinking, is it even worth it going or should I just wait until I have more time to spend in London?

I do not plan on getting out of the bus, but just to see the sights and take pictures from the bus, (but maybe go on The Eye, that's about it.)

Thank you.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,166 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip from Paris to London (Eurostar)

Trains for early May should not be sold out already.

Exactly which date is this for? You may have been looking at Eurostar's US site where a limited number of seats are pre-released for the North American market before the trains go on general sale.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip from Paris to London (Eurostar)

I think that's the first time I've heard 9am described as late am before!. I don't see the problem though. If you got the Circle line round to Tower Hill and started from there, a complete circuit should take no more than 2-3 hours. You would then have plenty of time for the Eye, and still have time for a short trip to somewhere like the British Library or British Museum before departing at 6 (both are near St Pancras), getting there 5.30pm.

FWIW I woudn't bother do the Eye AND a HOHO; you're just repeating yourself (but with no commentary on the Eye).

Edited: 24 January 2013, 15:05
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
13,973 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip from Paris to London (Eurostar)

It's difficult to offer any advice without knowing the date you want to travel on.

P.S. all but 4 trains from London to Paris on Sunday 5th May have sold out !

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip from Paris to London (Eurostar)

I was looking at the Eurostar schedule for Friday May 10. Only the 6pm and 10pm trains remain. But please elaborate or send me a private message on the best way to see the key sights with my time frame. Thank you so much.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip from Paris to London (Eurostar)

Where are you looking? I'm seeing availability on the 10th May for:

18.31 - £39

19.01 - £50 (< 10 seats)

20.01 - £39.

£39 is about as low as Eurostar ever gets btw.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trip from Paris to London (Eurostar)

Last night, the 19:01 said Sold Out. But thank you so much.

Also please, if you can elaborate on the "Circle Line" and "Tower Hill", as I don't know what they are. Thank you again.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
13,973 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Trip from Paris to London (Eurostar)

I'm seeing £34 for both the 18.31 and 20.01 on 10th May !

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
13,973 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Trip from Paris to London (Eurostar)

Hang on - that £34 on the 18.31 and 20.01 is if you select "Senior" and also the 19.01 is sold out if you select "Senior".

But if you change it from "Senior" to "Adult" the 18.31 and the 20.01 cost £35.50 and there IS availability on the 19.01 which costs £44.00

What a strange booking system !!

Edited: 24 January 2013, 15:48
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Trip from Paris to London (Eurostar)

I'm not seeing any of the prices (on the Eurostar site) matt is btw. (£38 for senior and £39 for Adult).

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
13,973 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Trip from Paris to London (Eurostar)

Well I'm using www.eurostar.com and I'm looking at 10th May !