We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London for 2 days on a budget!

England
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
London for 2 days on a budget!

Which attraction would you pick between dungeons,madam tussards ,and Riley's believe it or not. The kids are 12 and 15

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London for 2 days on a budget!

Don't be led by your kids - plenty of much better free stuff than those 3.

England
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London for 2 days on a budget!

What do you suggest?

west midlands
Level Contributor
947 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London for 2 days on a budget!

london dungeons rubbish, plenty of the museums are free look out for 2 for one offers if you are travelling by train,

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
837 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London for 2 days on a budget!

Tower of London - and take one of the free tours by a yeoman warder - would be the first suggestion that comes to my mind.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,342 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London for 2 days on a budget!

The Tower has a long and somewhat bloody history, offering so much more than the Dungeons. After a wander through the Tower take the 15 to St Paul's (from stop TA) tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/towe… and from there (stop SK) the 100 to the Museum of London (the westbound 100 from Tower Hill is on diversion until 17 February, but if you travel after that date, take it from stop TC) tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/…

The Museum of London covers the history of the city from Roman times and includes an interesting exhibit on the Great Fire and plague times. It's not just a place for children, it's interesting for everyone.

Consider a rib boat journey on the Thames, let them have a James Bond / (new) Moneypenny moment or three. Take the DLR to Greenwich, have a look at Cutty Sark then walk under the river through the Greenwich foot tunnel and take the DLR from nearby Island Gardens station back to central London.

If you're travelling to London by rail, www.daysoutguide.co.uk is the place to look for money saving offers.

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: London for 2 days on a budget!

I'd avoid Ripleys. I've been to them in Japan, Florida, and South Carolina. They're all really similar and you're not going to come home and be like "ripleys was so great..." If you have other things in mind I'd go for that and Ripley's would be at the very bottom of the list for me.

Edited: 25 January 2013, 20:55
England
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London for 2 days on a budget!

Thank you for guiding me away from wasting my money. London eye is one or our choices. Surely that must be worth it?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London for 2 days on a budget!

None of them - I agree with the suggestion of visiting the Tower of London. I've done the Yeoman warder tour a couple of times and there have always been kids of all ages enjoying it.

I personally would go on the Eye, but decide once you're here what day to go - it could be a little underwhelming if it's a cloudy day.

Edited: 25 January 2013, 21:02
England
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London for 2 days on a budget!

I've just you tubed the yeoman warders,they seem very entertaining. I think the kids would love this tour.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London for 2 days on a budget!

Weather is the significant thing about the London Eye. Climbing to the top of St Pauls is also good but could work out quite expensive.

Science and Natural History Musuems are also free and may be of interest.