We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Premium economy or VA premium economy?

Windermere, Florida
Level Contributor
752 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
BA Premium economy or VA premium economy?

We will be traveling to London in mid-June and are trying to decide on which airline. Since we are a family of six (mom, dad and four daughers ages 16, 13, 10 and 3) we are thinking of splurging on premium economy since we are tall. Has anyone tried these and are they worth the approx. $3,500 more? We are booking our flights very last minute so realize we are paying premium price, but my husband just found out the dates that we are going. Some of the extra money for prem econ is being compensated by my husband's client, so that is a consideration?

I have looked on airline review websites, but cannot come to a conclusion...turning to the trusty TA!

Anyone have any opinion?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: BA Premium economy or VA premium economy?

My last few times over, I've used miles to upgrade to business class on American Airlines. I'm due to fly back to the US this next Weds economy class, I am so spoiled now, am dreading it! So tempted to upgrade again but at this rate, I'm upgrading faster than I'm collecting miles! But, those seats...so comfy and the pillows and blankets are so much better than in economy!

f2s
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1,179 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: BA Premium economy or VA premium economy?

OK Debs,your husband deserves extra space,and you all the comfort we can find!As for sleep on the flight,with children and a husband who has to move about I doubt it!

I would definately try to fly with Air New Zealand,they were always good,now way better,looks like 34inches in the back,which is great.

There new Premium Economy looks as good as Buisness used to be.

Remember in economy there is no increased risk of DVT compared to the other cabins so exercise and hydration are in,support stockings...an option.

I hope you let us all know how you get on please.