I've finally booked our hotel - chose a small one near Victoria Station. We'll be coming in the evening of June 29th on the train from Edinburgh - arriving at approx. 5:45pm. We'll be leaving mid-morning July 2nd. A few questions:
- Is the tube the best way to get from Kings Cross to Victoria station? We'll probably each have a mid-sized rolling suitcase & a shoulder bag, (just my husband and I). We're middle-aged, fairly active and don't mind walking or hauling luggage.
- We fly out of Gatwick. I have booked 2 tickets on the Southern Rail line from Victoria Station - Gatwick. (I hope that was the best option). How much in advance of our departure time would you advise us to board the train? Is there anything I should know about this transfer or is it pretty straight foward?
- We'll have 2 full days in London - trying to see the usual sites. What's the best tube and/or bus pass for us to buy?
A couple of sight-seeing questions:
- We really would like to take a flight on the "Eye". Should we book in advance? If not, any advice on getting tickets there?
- Should we buy any other sight-seeing tickets in advance? I would like to line as many things up ahead of time as I can since we have such a short stay.
Thanks so much . . I'm sure I'll have more questions as time draws near.