We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical accomodation question :) But maybe you can help

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
24 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Typical accomodation question :) But maybe you can help

So we are going to London from 4th - 7th of May. We are 6 people aged between 21 and 28. We would like to fit for around 50 pounds per room ( 3 rooms ) or 150 for all of as per night. we wouldn`t like to stay in Hostel but if you know a good one i would appreciate sharing. Location would be nice near some transport - tube or bus.

Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typical accomodation question :) But maybe you can help

I would suggest looking at the budget hotel chains, such as Ibis Budget and Travelodge.

Travelodge have just opened up a new hotel in Bethnal Green, London E2, very close to Underground and bus routes, might be worth a look.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…46843882

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Typical accomodation question :) But maybe you can help

Consider the Youth Wing at Lancaster Hall http://www.lancaster-hall-hotel.co.uk/

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
24 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typical accomodation question :) But maybe you can help

thanks, travelodge looks good and what a location.

i`ve found these to for very good price, they are further away from center but still rooms look really nice

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g504167-d199360…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g504167-d236745…

how long should it take to get to the center?

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Typical accomodation question :) But maybe you can help

Try here, they also have a new B&B down the road.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186338-d6057…

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Typical accomodation question :) But maybe you can help

I don't think you will want to stay in Croydon for such a short visit.

Did you look at the Travelodge website? If you pay in advance, you can get the Travelodge in Farringdon for about £41/night.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
24 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Typical accomodation question :) But maybe you can help

Yes, this one looks good. also read that this one is better than one in KingsCross

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,412 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Typical accomodation question :) But maybe you can help

Opinions vary, but I stayed at the Kings Cross Travelodge and thought it was fine. By the way, don't confuse the Kings Cross Travelodge with the Kings Cross Royal Scot Travelodge. Having said that I've also stayed at the Kings Cross Royal Scot and my room was okay. Some have been renovated, some haven't. If you are on such a tight a budget I really think it's best not to be too fussy. Ultimately I don't think any of the travelodges are that bad if you just want a place to sleep and make yourself a cup of tea or coffee. What do you really think is the worst that can happen? I'm also sceptical of some of the bad reviews for travelodges as there are an awful lot of neighbouring budget hotels that have an interest in making travelodges seem as bad as possible. For any hotel, always look very carefully at how many posts the really bad and the really good reviewers have.

Another very important point. If you see a travelodge (or any hotel) at a good rate in a good location, don't spend too much time asking questions. Prices can change within hours as people book it, and the chances are that dozens of others will be looking online at the same time as you.

Edited: 31 January 2013, 14:21
Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
24 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Typical accomodation question :) But maybe you can help

i agree with you, and as i just returned from one month in China. and I don`t think that any of those are worse. so I`ll book one of travelodge, is there one you would better recommend as they are quite near each other. Also i`ll check cancellation policy

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,412 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Typical accomodation question :) But maybe you can help

I stayed at the Euston Travelodge last week and I thought it very good. I got my room for £25 but I was very lucky and the odds are against you getting quite as good a rate as that. I think Kings Cross travelodge is marginally better than Kings Cross Royal Scot. I've always been flexible about location, that's the only way to get the best bargains at a particular time.

10. Re: Typical accomodation question :) But maybe you can help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 05:17