We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London 4 star hotel: choice between Academy town house and...

Paris
2 posts
Save Topic
London 4 star hotel: choice between Academy town house and...

I want to invite my boyfriend for his 30's birthday to a luxury hotel in London for a 4 day's weekend in July.

I am hesitating between the Corus Hyde park and the academy town house.

Do you know these hotels ?

Which one is the most charming ?

Which one has the best location for visting london ?

Which one has got nearby some good restaurants and pubs ?

Thank you for your help.

Diane

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: London 4 star hotel: choice between Academy town house and...

The Adademy Town House is much more highly rated on TA than the Corus. However I wouldn't describe either of these as luxury or even 4 star.

Neither location is better than the other. The Corus is in Bayswater, the Academy is Bloomsbury, both areas are quieter, but stil have restaurants and transport to see the sights.

NYC
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London 4 star hotel: choice between Academy town house and...

Don't know Academy, but have stayed at the Corus twice - if you upgrade to the executive package (which they did for me once because they'd messed up my booking badly) it comes close to a 4 star - really huge room, King Size Bed, chairs, A/C, etc. But it's still a 3 star hotel. Tube is just around the corner and down the street a block. Paddington is walkable, Hyde Park is across the street, the Mitre - great pub - is just down the street in the other direction. But it's definitely not 4 star. Ta. MMM!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London 4 star hotel: choice between Academy town house and...

I recently came upon the Corus during a morning walk to Hyde Park. From the outside, it seemed a nicer hotel than what I always imagined it to be. What was really charming was seeing people having breakfast in the sunroom that overlooks the park. Granted it is located right along busy Bayswater Road.