We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buffet dinner and zone 1-2

Level Contributor
706 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
buffet dinner and zone 1-2

i am staying at the harrington hall seven nights in late may - is my hotel in the zone 1 or 2 area i want to get a travel card for the bus and subway - also are there any hotel restaurants or regular restaurants that have a buffet for dinner that is not too far from my hotel??? and a million thanks for any replies. my hotel is about two blocks from the gloucester road subway station.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buffet dinner and zone 1-2

Gloucester Road tube station is in zone 1. A seven day Travelcard for zone 1 and 2 will cost you £22.20 - there are no Travelcards for zone 1 only. Also, your Travelcard can be used on buses in all six zones, should you venture beyone zone 2.

Can't think of any restos or cafes that offer buffet meals near Gloucester Road - the Cafe Forum just south of the tube station does good light meals, and there's a cafe in the arcade of shops near Boots and Waitrose (can't remember the name of the place - drat!) as well. You'll have several options for meals, including some decent hot take away grub from Waitrose.