We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Apollo Victoria at 18:00?

wirral
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to Apollo Victoria at 18:00?

I am not too keen on the tube and we are staying near Stansted. We are hoping to get tickets to see Wicked and we want to drive into the city, preferably after 18:00 to avoid congestion charge! Can someone please tell me what the traffic will be like, if it is possible to avoid congestion zone, is there parking and restaurants near the theatre? Thanks all

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Driving to Apollo Victoria at 18:00?

I sometimes feel a bit sick on the Central line, but have rarely had that experience on the Victoria line. The quickest way by public transport from Stansted to Victoria is train to Tottenham Hale and then Victoria line tube from Tottenham Hale to Victoria. The travel time on the tube is about 20 minutes.

The route of the 11 can get into hideous traffic at rush hour at two points: as it goes past St Pauls Cathedral and down to Ludgate Circus and as it comes up to Trafalgar Square. Due to the Crossrail works, Bank junction has been getting busy too. I would really not want to rely on the 11 to get to Victoria by a set time.

wirral
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Driving to Apollo Victoria at 18:00?

Thanks. I have been really sick on the tube so I do have to be careful. I can be equally as sick on a bus though, so I just need the shortest route possible. There is no question that I cant manage the full route by train, either over or underground. Think the best bet is a park and ride, I just need to decide where.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,099 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Driving to Apollo Victoria at 18:00?

Have you tried remedies for motion sickness? Excluding the ones that make you sleepy, of course.

wirral
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Driving to Apollo Victoria at 18:00?

Thanks Northern but I am a nurse and I have tried everything and more. Sadly it means that I am unable to do many of the things I want to do.

wirral
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Driving to Apollo Victoria at 18:00?

Think I can park at West Ham. How long is the journey on the green line from there to Victoria please?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,490 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Driving to Apollo Victoria at 18:00?

If Eccleston Square is full and I'd doubt that you can drive over to the NCP on Semley Place.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,151 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Driving to Apollo Victoria at 18:00?

There are no official tube car parks at West Ham but there may be alternative options that I don't know about. Hopefully some locals will comment.

It's about 30 minutes on the District line to Victoria. It's a cut and cover line so you are never far from the surface should that make a difference to you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Driving to Apollo Victoria at 18:00?

There is only on-street parking at West Ham and it's a permit area. You will also be underground for most of the journey, as the sub-surface tunnel starts just past Bromley-by-Bow station.

What is roughly your limit for Tube travel? Finsbury Park may be an option, it's on the Victoria Line direct to Victoria and it's under 20 minutes journey time. It's also a smoother journey than the District Line.

One thing I've not noticed is the day of the week you intend to visit, as that would make a huge difference to recommendations.

wirral
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Driving to Apollo Victoria at 18:00?

Thanks all. I will look at West Ham again just to see if I can get parking. We are going on a Monday evening. Is there parking at Finsbury Park? i will look at that too.

wirral
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Driving to Apollo Victoria at 18:00?

I can get parking at both stations. Please can someone confirm which station, West Ham or Finsbury will be easiest to get to by car from Stansted? Thanks