We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phantom of the Opera

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Phantom of the Opera

Who is playing the phantom at the moment - some of the reviews about the phatoms singing are a bit rubbish - i have paid top dollar for tickets for my mum - i'de have thought wih it being an Andrew Lloyd Webber production all the singers would be good.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phantom of the Opera

I have seen several different Phantoms and I would say they were all excellent singers - as were the whole cast!

Are you seeing the London production or the touring one?

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phantom of the Opera

In London - i read the reviews before i booked but now when i am looking some of the reviews about the current phatom are a bit worrying - if i don't put my expectations too high then i suppose i won't be let down - i have never seen a show like this. Lion King is the only other musical ive seen.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phantom of the Opera

I have seen the Phantom of the Opera twice and both performances were great.

The current Phantom is Marcus Lovett who I saw when he appeared in Whistle down the Wind some years ago and he was excellent.

My advice is stop worrying because I am sure that you will have a great time!:-)

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,610 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Phantom of the Opera

Relax. Your mother will be enthralled.

Come and enjoy.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phantom of the Opera

The problem with a show that has been running as long a PotO is that the actors end up being compared with some of the best singers in the country who went before. If it is your first time, then you will find them great, if not you will compare with the last time and may or may not be disappointed.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phantom of the Opera

Marcus Lovett seems ok to me, apparently he has been the phantom on Broadway aswell.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phantom of the Opera

Does anyone know who is playing Christine

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
766 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phantom of the Opera

Sofia Escobar is playing Christine at the moment. I've seen her. She's been in and out of the role for a few years and is very accomplished. She doesn't do every performance though as she has an alternate, Anna O'Byrne, who played Christine in the Australian production of Love Never Dies. Anna most likely does one evening performance (probably Monday) and the matinees though the official website for the show doesn't state actually dates like it used to for previous alternates.

Scott Davies is still standby Phantom. He's very good. So either Marcus or Scott will be fine.

Enjoy the show.

Alta, Norway
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Phantom of the Opera

www.thephantomoftheopera.com/people/cast

10. Re: Phantom of the Opera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 07:16