We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoxton hotel

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Hoxton hotel

Hi, about to book the hoxton hotel in shoreditch for £135 a night for 2 of us in may. Good hotel and ok price ? Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoxton hotel

good hotel and Ok price.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoxton hotel

An okay hotel at a good price, certainly, but the area may not be to everyone's taste. It's fine if you like clubbing into the small hours, as that area is now the place for clubbers, but for everyone else there's not an awful lot around there. There are parts of London with better transport links and nearer the West End, so it really comes down to what you like and how adventurous you are.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoxton hotel

Ok so we are wanting a place in the middle of everything as we don't have long in london 6 days. This place is close nice and cheap but if u have suggestions of different areas that have better transport that would be great ....and similar or cheaper pricing :)

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoxton hotel

The Bloomsbury area is central and near Covent Garden and Soho, and South Kensington is also popular with tourists. You could look at the Premier Inn chain, one of the best of the budget chains, which now has quite a few hotels in central London.

http://www.premierinn.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoxton hotel

Don't think you can compare a premier inn with the hoxton hotel. Go with the hoxton, it's a vibrant area and very central.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoxton hotel

I wasn't comparing the two, but Tiani asked for somewhere cheaper if possible and I have strong misgivings about Hoxton as an area for a first time visitor who wants to do the tourist things and may not be into late clubbing, and Hoxton is only a 'vibrant area' late at night.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoxton hotel

Hoxton/Shoreditch is an amazing area at night and that's a very good price for a very good hotel. You're young and I would have thought will relish being in the midst of some on London's best nightlife and some good restaurants too.

It's still central enough to be easy to navigate from and whilst it may not be Mayfair/Soho central at least it's not as boring an area as Bloomsbury/WC1 areas.

6 days is more than enough time to be quite relaxed with your time, if you're staying only in London.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoxton hotel

Bloomsbury may be quiet, but it is within easy walking distance of Soho, Covent Garden and Oxford Street. That's why its popular, a quiet area to sleep but near the action. Apart from clubbers Hoxton is only really handy for people who have business in the City (ie financila district), and its not what you could call a pretty area.

Of course, it may still be just what the OP is looking for. These days it's possible to see all of London on Streetview. The Hoxton Hotel does occasionally have room sales, so it might be worth considering if you can get a very good rate, but I don't really see the attraction otherwise.

I hope those who are encouraging the OP to go to Hoxton will be first to answer the inevitable next question: 'What's the best way to get from Heathrow to the Hoxton Hotel by public transport?' They'll wish they'd recommended Bloomsbury!

Edited: 18 February 2013, 15:07
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hoxton hotel

Bloomsbury is abit dull in my opinion, lots of student residents and university buildings. Shorditch has bars, pubs, restaurants, hoxton sq, brick lane, Columbia road and a 15 minute bus to the west end.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hoxton hotel

Hoxton is hardly in the middle of nowhere. Good bus links to the City and West End, Overground at Shoreditch, Underground at Liverpool Street and Old Street, easy access on foot to anywhere in the City, Spitalfields, Columbia Road, Brick Lane, Islington, Clerkenwell etc.

Lots of bars and restaurants nearby very easy access to Gatwick, City, Stansted, and Luton Airports, small amount (10-15 minutes) of extra hassle to go to Heathrow compared with Bloomsbury.

Personally I would never stay in the West End but live and let live.