We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick South or North

malaysia
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Topic
Gatwick South or North

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask, does anyone travel from London Gatwick to Zurich by easyjet before?

The terminal to depart, is it at Gatwick South or Gatwick North?

Thanks & regards.

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,841 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick South or North

Easyjet flights to and from Zurich land and depart from the South terminal.

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,390 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick South or North

easyJet flights from and to Zurich use Gatwick South Terminal building.

If you're trying to work out logistics of rail transport from (or to) London and Gatwick, the airport's rail station is in the South Terminal building as well. It's a short walk plus ride on a free transit train between terminals.

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
malaysia
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick South or North

Hi there,

Thanks for replies.

Is easybus tthe best way to Gatwick Airport?

Where to take this easybus? Where shall I stop at the station? Earl's Court or West Brompton? Actually where is the exact location of this easybus stop at?

Thanks & regards.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,841 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick South or North

Please do not take Easybus. There have been repeated horror stories on this forum regarding delays, no shows etc. It may be cheaper than the Southern Rail service from Victoria, which itself is cheaper than the Gatwick Express, but the road journey from London to Gatwick is not one to be undertaken when in a hurry.

It may even make more sense to take a First Capital Connect train which heads to St Pancras via London, Bridge. If you let us know where you are staying and on what day of the week and at what time you are travelling then we can offer better advice.

Mentioned in this post
London Bridge
London Bridge
286 Reviews
London, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick South or North

Do not take easybus.

I live near the easybus stop in West Brompton and often see people who cannot get to Gatwick because the van (it's not a bus - it seats maybe 12 people?) was full - so they were left behind.

Get a train to Gatwick.

Even if you get on the Easybus, all it takes is slow traffic on the road or a delay and you won't make your flight.

malaysia
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick South or North

Hi there,

Thanks for your useful advises.

Ok. I will not take easybus.

I had a look at the website of Gatwick Express, Southern Railway and First Capital Connect.

I notice the cheapest fare is Southern Railway. Do I need to purchase the tickets online or I may purchase on the day I depart (on the spot, ticket counter)?

I had bought the easyjet ticket, depart 18:15PM. So I shall check-out the hotel in the morning & will walk around London city awhile before heading to Gatwick. I may hang around places like Hyde Park, Piccadilly Circus or Tower of London.

Please advise adamhornets.

By the way, what time shall I reach Gatwick airport? Plane from London to Zurich. Is it 2 hours before the departure time or 1 hour will do?

Thanks in advance. Your answer is very much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
London, UK
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick South or North

There's no need to buy your train ticket in advance for either Southern or FCC trains. London to Zurich is an International flight so you 'should' arrive at the airport 2 hours before departure although of course some people will cut it finer than that. But Easyjet are strict about check-in times and won't be generous if you're even minutes late, so I'd arrive at the airport earlier rather than later, and allow a bit of extra time for possible train delays. Personally I'd rather wait at the airport than worry I'm going to miss a flight, so I would be getting a train out of London about 3 hours before my flight departs.

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,841 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatwick South or North

There are some who suggest cutting things finer but like Lizzie I do like to get to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

You can save a few pounds by booking online in advance but it limits you to a particular service so if you just missed that train you would have to purchase a new full price ticket. Just turn up around 3.15-3.30 at Victoria, buy your ticket from either the counter or a machine and catch the next Southern train.

malaysia
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatwick South or North

Hi UKLizzie,

Thanks for your useful info.

Ok. Then I will purchase the train at ticket counter and out of London 3 hours before my flight departs.

So I shall just go to Victoria Tube station, and take either Southern or FCC.

Are both trains located near to each other? Is it easy to locate them once I reach Victoria Underground Station?

Thanks.

Islington, England...
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatwick South or North

dont get southern railway, it stops at too many stops, get first capital connect, much quicker x